Very Grainy Bocote Jr.Gents!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from philb

philb

Hi,

A couple I made a last week, but only just loaded up the pics.

The rhodium one has a really tight grained chunk of Bocote, don't always get the tight grain and then the spots, so must save the last few pieces for a special one!

The black-Ti is more yellow than the rhodium one and with a more open grain! The colour sets the black-ti of nicely though. even if the grain isn't as striking!

Comments welcome!

PHIL

1_MexRosewood_Bocote__FP_-_Rh.jpg

1_MexRosewood_Bocote__FP_-_Blk.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

You did a great job on one of my favorite combinations of wood and kit. Bocote really gives you a chance to show off how well you can match grain on a pen. Here's one I did a while ago I thought looked pretty cool, although my photo's aren't as nice as yours.

Attachments

• 1_bocoteblti1.jpg
    1_bocoteblti1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 127

philb

Cheers guys,

Its probably one of my favourite woods, as you never quite know whats coming out until you turn it!
I always try and make sure the alignment is spot on, really hate it when they don't match!!

PHIL

philb

Your work proved worthwhile.
Personally, I don't care to turn Bocote. I know it is very popular but I don't like it.
Lot of other woods just as attractive, IMHO.

Don't know how anyone can not like turning it! A bit dusty to turn, but one of the nicest to cut with a tool, other than Olive! Although does make one hell of a mess!!

PHIL

Top Bottom