Verawood RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Snap cap RB w/Verawood, no finish, just MM and Ren Wax. This is a nice dense wood and it turns very well. It seemed to be naturally oily, somewhat like coco. Hence the reason for my finish choice.

2005105131415_10kRB_verawood.jpg

Thanks for looking and say anything you please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That's an interesting pen Billy; I'd like to see it closed, too. The grain pattern in the Verawood appears to be very subtle, so I'm not sure I care for it on a pen (I tend to like the bolder looking woods). I do like the accents you put near the finials, they give the pen a neat shape. I also like the "hourglass" look to the overall pen. Fit and finish look nice (especially for a no-finish pen).

Congrats!

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Jim, you're right, the grain is subtle and I generally go for something a little more out there. Explanation on why I chose it to follow. Frank, I have no idea. I picked this up on my recent trip to Woodturningz. It was green in color and I liked it. As you can see the green all turned off, but I'm thinking it will "green up" again. At least I hope so. [:D]

Rudy Vey

Might be lignum vitae
I bought a block at WC and it was greenish outside, cut a few blanks and turned them, they looked similar to what you are showing, actually had a bit more figure and after some time the turn darker and greener again. The wood is very dense, heavy and oily and has a nice smell to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom