Variety of Game Calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom McMillan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McMillan

Here's some of the game calls I've been getting ready. My Son & his Uncle are going to try to market some of these at a Traditional Archery event they'll be attending soon, and likely at some other shows and events involving archery. The first photo is of 2 Elk Antler Cow Elk calls (the one on the right wasn't turned---because of the bend in the blank I had to drill in from each side). Below that is a group of Cow Elk calls. Next are Predator (jackrabbit and cottontail) calls. Last are a Deer Grunt call and an Elk Bugle call.

20075240192_aaagamecalls%20014.jpg

200752401518_aaagamecalls%20011.jpg

200752402020_aaagamecalls%20010.jpg

200752402053_aaagamecalls%20008.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
BEAUTIFUL Colors and designs too! I wish I could get the big blanks into Japan without having to pay for the weight! Jealous here! [;)]

Your blue background pulls the colors of the wood out just right!

Tom McMillan

Thanks Guys!!! These were fun to make. The top right Elk Antler Cow Elk call probably looks a little large---but, it fits nicely in the hand. Probably looks a little like a pipe.

PenWorks

Great bunch of calls Tom, good job. Hard to pick a winner they all so nice. [:)]
Good luck with the sales, be a nice change from turning minatures.

Tom,
Great calls.. I've guessed at most of the woods, but not sure.
Can you run down the woods you used.
I haven't done any of the cow elk.. I do ducks and deer grunts. We have a few elk in the upper regions of the Smokeys, but not allowed to hunt them yet that I know of..

Tom McMillan

Oh, ok--2nd photo down from left to right: Bococte, Prune/Plum wood, Tiger Maple, and Osage Orange. Third photo down on left: Marblewood and African Blackwood, and on right Bloodwood. Last photo: Prune/Plum wood on left, and Osage Orange on right.

laspringer

Tom,
All look fine and I bet they sound great.
With your skill on the lathe I look forward to
your touch on turkey friction calls.
I like the Marblewood & Blackwood predator call.
How do you change reeds on the predator calls, with a
dowel or does the exhaust pull out of the barrel like a
duck call?
My guess is,you will sale all of the calls you display
on the table
Good luck
Alan

Tom McMillan

Thanks Alan--Yes, to change reeds the exhaust has an O ring so has a tight fit and is removable. We are having a little trouble getting an acceptable sound from the Elk Bugle call. Hopefully we can get it figured out before they show them. If we have to we'll convert them to Deer grunt calls, until we figure it out. I have a message into Hut, but suppose I won't hear back until Tuesday or after now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom