Vanishing Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louie68

Does anyone know where i can get vanishing fountain pen kit.
Namiki Co. in Japan makes the real one.
This pen nib actually retracts back in the tube when you press the top clicker.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Louie I think you mean vanishing. Not sure if any of the kit makers offeranything like that but I could be wrong. If anyone could figure out how to do it it would be Skiprat or Greeneyedcat.

louie68

Linda & Mike thanks for correcting my thread your right "vanishing" not varnishing I got in a hurry on this one.

OKLAHOMAN

Nope!!!!!!! I would think it would be a nightmare to manufacture it in component form, seem we can't even get a click ballpoint that we all like.

ldb2000

I have tried a VP , it writes ok but nothing great . My biggest complaint is that the clip is in the way , very uncomfortable to write with for very long .
The design is buildable but for the amount of time it would take to fabricate the mechanism it's just not cost effective to bother with . I may take on the challenge to make one someday but I'm in no rush to try .

PenWorks

You can buy the Vanishing point nib as a unit for about 50-60 bucks. It includes the 18K nib, holder and converter as shown below. That's the easy part. Fabricating the rest of the pen is the problem. :eek:

Attachments

• vpnib.jpg
    vpnib.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 412
Top Bottom