Umm...Penny for your Thoughts??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

chriselle

I had a copper retro kit hanging around and I don't like the Retro that much so I thought I'd goof around with a clipless CE using a freebee from Dawn and Ed. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Bronze CE1.jpg
    Bronze CE1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 513
  • bronzeCE2.jpg
    bronzeCE2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 471
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

As always I anticipate seeing your creations and this is no exception. If you still don't like it my address is.............:rolleyes::biggrin:.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That sure doesn't LOOK like a retro!! (Which I am also not real fond of).

Nice job, Chris!!! Cool looking pen.

Mark

It's a simple beauty. Nicely Done.

Copper is one of my favorite hardware to work with. I like anything Copper...

thetalbott4

I also like the center band showing. Not sure why, but I do. I got the same blank as a freebie. Its been knockin around for a few weeks. Looks WAY better than I imagined. Great job.

chriselle

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I know many don't like them but I kinda got a thing for the clipless design although you gotta watch out for the roooolllllll.:biggrin:

Nice! But that little center band would look better if hidden.

I tend to agree George IF there is a clip but clipless I have found people like a hint of breakup.

It's a beaut! Are teh black ends as part of the blank or were they something you machined up?

It's pretty tough getting a closed body/closed cap rollerball out of a single 5 inch blank so yes, I just tacked on a couple lengths of a sacrificial black acrylic blank during the final stages of turning.

BTW Thanks Ed for the blank.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A small Black center band would have covered the copper ring and matched the ends. However I like minimal design work. The penn looks good.

PaulDoug

I think it is beautiful and don't think I would like as well with a black centerband. That's my thoughts, put the penny in the mail.

workinforwood

It's excellent Chris. So so much better than the retro kit. I dont care for that design with the flare band and the ball on top. I really like what you've done here. Now send me my penny. Wheat pennies are preffered.

chriselle

It's excellent Chris. So so much better than the retro kit. I dont care for that design with the flare band and the ball on top. I really like what you've done here. Now send me my penny. Wheat pennies are preffered.

Thanks Jeff. Well, I agree with you 100% on the kit and I'll probably end up selling this for more than I could as a retro. But, in a weird way I feel guilty or uneasy leaving a bag of unused parts from a 15 dollar kit. It would be so cool if we could pick and choose individual components. As for the penny....ain't many pennies wheat or otherwise around here...just little alloy yen.:wink:

Freethinker

I like the Retro very much.....but I like your version here even better.

Fantastic looking pen.You have inspired me to try something similar.

Everything really works well together, and I like the clean simple shape. The color is beautiful.......I take it that is the Metallic Red blank from exoticblanks, correct?

chriselle

I like the Retro very much.....but I like your version here even better.

Fantastic looking pen.You have inspired me to try something similar.

Everything really works well together, and I like the clean simple shape. The color is beautiful.......I take it that is the Metallic Red blank from exoticblanks, correct?

Thanks Dan,

Yes, that blank is the bronze metallic I think. I did another couple just like this one in alternative ivory, black ends and gold hardware. Sharp looking pens for sure. Just sold one of them today.

Top Bottom