Full Review Ultraseal Results

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is just for the reviews on the product by members who have used it. There is another thread for any discussion on the product

Review by Alton
I received a blank of extremely soft Buckeye burl that had been stabilized with Ultra Seal. I had given Charlie-newlondon88 some of this wood because it was too soft to easily save with CA. I rescued it from a burn pile, if that gives you any idea of the condition it was in. I cut it while it was wet and frozen, or probably couldn't have done anything with it. The blank looked as though the stabilizer hadn't penetrated thouroughly, but upon turning it, I was wrong. The shavings dropped nicely, not dusty as I had imagined. Punky looking areas turned as well as solid wood areas. The wood finished nicely, better than normal Buckeye. If home stabilizers can do as well of a job as the factory did with this, Ultra Seal is going to be very popular with pen turners. This stuff works.
1_ultra_seal.jpg

Review by Gary Max
It works-----Like many other folks I have tried just about everything on earth to make soft punky blanks useable. The search is over, Ultraseal Wood Stabiliser works.
If I wanted to find fault---I think more emphasis should be made on safety----wearing gloves---well ventilated work area. I would not use this product insde your home.
Blanks do have a long curing time before they are dry---you aint using the blanks the same day you process them. They take several days to cure.
Bottom line---as soon as I can find the money I am buying some.
The blank is dyed Buckeyed Burl with just a drop of green dye. I wanted to see if I could pull dye all the way through the blank.
Attached Thumbnails
attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom