Ugly Pen Contest - The Winners!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

The 2011 Ugly Pen Contest – The Results

Disclaimer: I apologize for this contest not being decided by a popular vote, by means of a poll, as was intended in the rules this year. I could not figure out how to create an appropriate poll. That doesn't mean I couldn't create a poll. That was easy. But the poll did not meet my expectations. I asked for opinions by way of a post in the Birthday Bash Forum, and the consensus was to pick a few people who would judge the entries, which I did. I always keep the identity of my judges secret, but if they want to admit who they are, I won't stop them. The results below are from a compilation of their votes. I also voted, but my vote was only used to break a tie or to clear up an uncertainty.

I also apologize for not having the results up by the 19th as was intended in the rules. I ended up being out of town this past weekend, and I have had a storm of problems at work after that. I know, poor excuses for delaying something as important as the Ugly Pen Contest! But I have the results for you now, and here they are. Thank you for hanging with me on this year's contest.

THE WINNERS

Worst Looking Normal Pen

1st place: Poopcorn, submitted by Sparhawk

d626.jpg

2nd place: Kermit, submitted by John Crane

507b.jpg

3rd place: PC Disaster, submitted by Usafvet98

b9cb.jpg

Most Disgusting Pen

1st place: To-fi, submitted by Sparhawk

a33a.jpg

2nd place: Big Top Click, submitted by Buzzz4

5ad7.jpg

3rd place: Thorny Pen, submitted by Hasha2000

3490.jpg

Just Butt Ugly Pen

1st place: PC Disaster, submitted by usafvet98

b9cb.jpg

2nd place: Quacker, submitted by Mac

2744.jpg

3rd place: Thorny Pen, submitted by Hasha2000

3490.jpg

Thank you for looking and participating! I have been running this Ugly Pen Contest since it's inception, and this year has been a blast! I would have liked to see more Ugly Pens, but the ones submitted were certainly Ugly Enough! Please feel free to comment about the winners, or losers, below. As always, the Ugly Pen Contest is not just about showing off your Ugly Pens, it's also about expressing whatever feelings these pens cause in you. So have at it! And start getting ready for next year!

Scott.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

a fine group of representatives! Based on these submissions, I would suggest additional categories such as MOST DISTURBING (that clown thing), MOST TRAGIC (Toni's brutalized cane), and JUST PLAIN WRONG (toenails)!

IPD_Mrs

:biggrin:
JUST PLAIN WRONG (toenails)!

That is the understatement of the year.

Are congratulations really in order for these? :rolleyes: I mean seriuos, do you really say great job on something so nasty? BTW it would have been better if it had sock fuzz suck under the nails. :eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

ctubbs

:biggrin:
JUST PLAIN WRONG (toenails)!

That is the understatement of the year.

Are congratulations really in order for these? :rolleyes: I mean seriuos, do you really say great job on something so nasty? BTW it would have been better if it had sock fuzz suck under the nails. :eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Absolutely not congratulations! Condolences are in order! Some of those remind me of just how sick a mind can become when trapped inside a shop with no outside influence. Get some counciling NOW!
Charles

bitshird

Wow am I glad I didn't enter this year, not even my sick, warped, over baked brain could compete with any of these horrendous examples of writing things, Please note I did not refer to them as instruments..
Congratulations to the winners you are definitely more weird than me.

and it took a lot of money to get me this way!!!!

Buzzzz4

Yahoo!! now I can display the clown proudly as a true winner! And just an update on the googly eyed pen. I've sold two! Guess it was so ugly it was cute.

Top Bottom