Two Commissions over the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrin1200

darrin1200

I have had a busy weekend.

These are pens that were special requested.

The first is an Titatium Gold Cigar in Bloodwood. It is a belated fathers day gift.
1_Cigar__640x426_.jpg

The second is actually a matched set of Chrome Longwood Click's. The blanks are Environ Lapis and Imperial (Blue and Red). Environ is made from recycled newsprint and Soy-bean products.
They are for a collegue of mine that is an instructor. He wanted a matching set of red and blue for marking papers.
The hard part with this was the red parker refills, very hard to find. I have some red refills I ordered from the states on a closeout, but when I tried to use them, they kept jamming up. Long story short I went through about 8 refills trying various alterations to make it work. What it finally turned out to be, was the spring in the kit was a little to strong. I cut two coils off and it now works like a charm.
1_Longwood__427x640_.jpg

As always comments welcome.
Darrin
Timber Elegance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dtswebb

Darrin -

The cigar pen is a great looking pen and the titanium gold fittings are a good compliment to the bloodwood.

As to the longwood's, I get Parker gel refills (black, blue or red) from Paradise Pen via their website. I've always gotten good service from them.

Where do you purchase the longwood kits from? They look like something I would like to try.

Regards,

Matthew

darrin1200

Thanks Matthew
I will check out Pardise Pens

Darrin -

The cigar pen is a great looking pen and the titanium gold fittings are a good compliment to the bloodwood.

As to the longwood's, I get Parker gel refills (black, blue or red) from Paradise Pen via their website. I've always gotten good service from them.

Where do you purchase the longwood kits from? They look like something I would like to try.

Regards,

Matthew

I like the Longwood because it shows off lots of material.
I get mine from a supplier here in Canada called William Wood-Write
www.penblanks.ca

Darrin

I am not sure where he gets them from,

DonFaulk0517

I have had a busy weekend.

These are pens that were special requested.

The first is an Titatium Gold Cigar in Bloodwood. It is a belated fathers day gift.
1_Cigar__640x426_.jpg

The second is actually a matched set of Chrome Longwood Click's. The blanks are Environ Lapis and Imperial (Blue and Red). Environ is made from recycled newsprint and Soy-bean products.
They are for a collegue of mine that is an instructor. He wanted a matching set of red and blue for marking papers.
The hard part with this was the red parker refills, very hard to find. I have some red refills I ordered from the states on a closeout, but when I tried to use them, they kept jamming up. Long story short I went through about 8 refills trying various alterations to make it work. What it finally turned out to be, was the spring in the kit was a little to strong. I cut two coils off and it now works like a charm.
1_Longwood__427x640_.jpg

As always comments welcome.
Darrin
Timber Elegance
I am looking for a single pen holder and am having trouble find them... where did you get the acrylic single pen stand?

Top Bottom