Turned my very first Aebleskiver!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DocStram

DocStram

It's true! This morning ... I turned my first first aebleskiver. I did it in the kitchen and my wife didn't mind at all. As a matter of fact, it's the first time I've ever eaten one of my turnings.

Sure, you could google aebleskiver and find out what it is. But, let's have a little fun .... try guessing what it is before you google.

PS Ask a Dane!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

If you truely turned instead of flipped, I picture one of those hand cranked gizmos turning out curly potatos of apples. If it was flipped I'd guess some sort of apple pancake or sausage. Then again a name for some sort of mixer or wisk...Best I can come up with..Off to Google it....I'll keep it to myself...

DSallee

OK, I'll bite.. LOL

Is it an apple?

Dave

EDIT: hey Vic.. looks like you posted whilst I was thinkin and deciphering his question.... LOL

Last edited:

winpooh498

I know, I know, I know!!!!! :smile-big::smile-big::eat::bananen_smilies047::bananen_smilies046:

But I won't tell, lets see what kind of guesses you get! :wink:

We have a huge Scandinavia Festival here in town every year. The hottest item there is the aebleskiver. In fact I have a nice cast iron bed to turn them on, in my kitchen!

Last edited:

great12b4ever

Congratulations on turning your first aebleskiver. There are a lot of people who think it is nothing special, but the first one always is special. Now just for fun, keep increasing the size!! I know, but I won't tell. I also want to see what kind of guesses are give out. :biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
You fellows should try the Japanese version with ika and tako (not Mexican taco either). Osaka is famous for it - takoyaki.

And leave it to the Japanese to "adapt" things for their liking. When I saw the "moulds" for those, it looked just like the Japanese moulds for their takoyaki.

Fred

Whatever the heck it is it has certainly made me think that I am definitely hungry.

So I guess it is some kind of Scandinavian thingies that parents can eat in an effort to get the little one's to try something different. Kinda like chocolate covered bugs maybe! :eek:

Now I don' think I am hungry like I said earlier! :rolleyes:

DocStram

Nope, I'm not a Dane ....... my mother's parents were Russian immigrants and my dad's parents were from Italy. At one point, when I was a kid, I was almost tri-lingual. Wish I hadn't lost it. Oh well.

As for the aebleskiver .... check out this website and watch the video.

http://www.aebleskiver.com/

The chef in the video does the "turning".

byounghusband

UUMMMM Aebleskivers!!!! Gotta get me some!! Now where did the Mrs. put the pan? Black Currant jelly and powdered sugar. Now I'm HUNGRY!!!

Now go and turn an aebleskivers turner.....

Top Bottom