Tube Insertion Tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

I'm sure I'm not the first, but FYI:

I accidentally discovered that the caps to Manny's (Monty here on the forum) 2oz CA work PERFECTLY for a pen tube insertion tool. Any size. I've seen them at CS-USA, but never could spend the money for them. My screw driver works fine, but Manny's caps work even better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I use the handle/shaft from an old soup ladle that I picked up at Goodwill for 55 cents. I actually used the ladle portion for something else and the handle was there when I was gluing up some tubes. I have two of them now in different sizes for the larger tubes. These handles are also great for holding tubes when I want to spray paint them. If I get any glue on them and it dries, I simply take a razor knife and it scraps right off.

Jim Smith

Crashmph

I use my old MT1 mandrels for insertion tools for the larger tubes.

I used to have a Shop Fox super mini lathe that was an MT1. I upgraded to a MT2 Rikon midi lathe and I had three extra MT1 mandrels. The work great after I turned handles for them. I did have to weight the handle to offset the heavy tip though.

Rick_G

I use cut-off antler tips. Works great for me and easy to clean.

I use them to make key rings. For insertion tools since I use 5 minute epoxy 90% of the time I use my fingers until the last 1/4 inch and then I have a piece of stainless steel drill rod I just push the tube in with.

Top Bottom