Trophy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

I made this Trophy for a 5k race that is this weekend. It is 8" diameter 16" tall. Made out of black walnut and white oak.

Comments and opinions are welcome.

101_5154.jpg 101_5156.jpg 101_5157.jpg 101_5158.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

WOW! That is a really great trophy! I think you did a fabulous job on it. Is there going to be a name plate or something for the race on the base? The walnut looks just spectacular.

Hey Todd thanks for the feed back. I worked really hard on it.

The organizers of the race where very vague about the engraved plate the where going to put on it. I made the flats on the hexagon to there specs. They did not ask for the hexagon , just a oak base. I made it eight sided because it is an annual race and the trophy will passed along every year.

At least with the eight sides there is room for eight winners before the base has to be extended.

Mike

judgesawdust

Awesome walnut

I really, really like the walnut trophy turning. I'm not so sure about the red oak base -- for me it takes away a bit, but that is personal. The workmanship looks outstanding. :biggrin:

I really, really like the walnut trophy turning. I'm not so sure about the red oak base -- for me it takes away a bit, but that is personal. The workmanship looks outstanding. :biggrin:

I agree with you on the base but they needed somewhere to put the engraved plates.

Top Bottom