Trivia Transition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

A couple of things have come to mind as I get ready to post my first question on Friday by noon.

First - I just want to remind Jeff that my email needs to be turned on earlier than noon on Friday. I would think Randy's needs to be turned off sometime after noon.

Second - Randy, if you could require contestants to include in the subject of their email the date of the contest. This would help you and I sort them out if we get late/early submissions.

Randy, looking forward to your notes. Glad you found ALL the mistakes so I won't have to.;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Originally posted by fiferb

.....I would think Randy's needs to be turned off.....

There are a few folks at IAP that have wanted that for years!!

.....Randy, if you could require contestants to include in the subject of their email the date of the contest. This would help you and I sort them out if we get late/early submissions....

Bruce: I can certainly do that; but the more instructions you throw at folks the more confused they get so I have sort of taken a minimalist approach. Probably more than half do that anyway and it really hasn't been a problem for me. I don't even post the question until after noon so early submissions are not a problem and I have only had one or two late submissions. Think I have solved that by making a small revision to the opening post when the question closes. Look at the the opening post for contest 8 and see if that will work for you? If not i can change things to do whatever you want to.

.....Randy, looking forward to your notes. Glad you found ALL the mistakes so I won't have to.;)

I feel like I have made every mistake that could possibly be made; but after going through 8 days of this, things are still turning up. You just have to be flexible and go with the flow. Hope I can help you avoid the problems I had; but I expect you will have a few new ones that you can call your very own!!:D

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The trivia email is now forwarding to both Randy and Bruce.

RANDY - please send me an email tomorrow when you want yours turned off.

Good job with the first 10 days!

THANKS!

fiferb

Jeff, I think Randy needs his turned off on Friday the 11th sometime after noon. You actually turned me on earlier than expected but that is ok. I can watch from the peanut gallery and figure out how to manage the email for a couple of days.

fiferb

Randy - I'm just thinking their may be overlap with your question and my question. I may have to post earlier than noon on Friday. That's why I mentioned having them put a date. I'm good with what you have if you are able to filter out my questions on Friday morning before noon.

Randy_

The members have been practicing on me and Bruce a little; but I have been advising everyone to save up their best shots for you, Al. Hope you have your thick skin handy!![}:)]

DocStram

Jeff .. Heads-Up. I sent a pm, but just in case you miss it...... Bruce will be posting his last trivia question on Monday, January 21st. I'll be posting my first question on Tuesday the 22nd. If possible, rather than forwarding the trivia answers to the email address I gave you at the start of the month ... please forward answers to this address:
Stramiello_A@Mercer.edu

Just to let you know, my questions may be posted as early as 6:30 or 7 in the morning. I'm teaching a couple of night classes this semester; those classes end as late as 9:45PM .... I may not be posting the winners until 10:30 at night.

Thanks!
Al

DocStram

Originally posted by Randy_

The members have been practicing on me and Bruce a little; but I have been advising everyone to save up their best shots for you, Al. Hope you have your thick skin handy!![}:)]

Oh man, me having a thick skin? Afraid not. My feelings get hurt real easy. I'll just start an gmail account named: "RandyinTexas" and write back viciously attacking them with profanities and insults! :D:D Oh yeah, I'll include your phone number as well. ;);)

Randy_

Originally posted by DocStram

.....Oh man, me having a thick skin? Afraid not. My feelings get hurt real easy. I'll just start an gmail account named: "RandyinTexas" and write back viciously attacking them with profanities and insults! :D:D Oh yeah, I'll include your phone number as well. ;);)

I just changed carriers. Let me give you my new
phone number: (478) 477-3605

DocStram

.....Oh man, me having a thick skin? Afraid not. My feelings get hurt real easy. I'll just start an gmail account named: "RandyinTexas" and write back viciously attacking them with profanities and insults! :D:D Oh yeah, I'll include your phone number as well. ;);)

I just changed carriers. Let me give you my new
phone number: (478) 477-3605

Dang .... I just tried that number and got myself. [}:)][}:)]:D:D

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Jeff .. Heads-Up. I sent a pm, but just in case you miss it...... Bruce will be posting his last trivia question on Monday, January 21st. I'll be posting my first question on Tuesday the 22nd. If possible, rather than forwarding the trivia answers to the email address I gave you at the start of the month ... please forward answers to this address:
Stramiello_A@Mercer.edu

Just to let you know, my questions may be posted as early as 6:30 or 7 in the morning. I'm teaching a couple of night classes this semester; those classes end as late as 9:45PM .... I may not be posting the winners until 10:30 at night.

Thanks!
Al
AL - I've added you to the forwarding so there will be an overlap. I'll remove Bruce on Wednesday.

THANKS!

DocStram

I can't be sure; but it seems like the picture in Jon Piper's entry might be critical to the story?? Mark: Could you please post a copy of it here? Thanks.

Mark ... Scott .. Bruce ... please be certain to read my post in the Judging Liars Club thread:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32525

I want to avoid anybody complaining about fairness.

Top Bottom