Triton Fountain Pen in Red w/Gold Matrix Tru-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

Another Triton in Tru-Stone ... this one Red with Gold Matrix. This tru-stone turns very easliy!

Comments or suggestions welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Lenny, your pen is beautiful. So, in your opinion, Tru-Stone is a good material to use? Not too tough for standard HSS tools?

76winger

Nice pen Lenny!

Bill,
I've turned quite a few peices of truestone using HSS skew with no problems on the lighter colors. However: the darker colors that I've done so far such as black gold matrix and Azurite (dark blue) caused me to have to stop and re-sharpen during turning more than once.

Last edited:

Lenny

Lenny, your pen is beautiful. So, in your opinion, Tru-Stone is a good material to use? Not too tough for standard HSS tools?

This particular tru-stone is considered one of the easier to turn blanks... the only other one I have experience with is the Black w/Gold Matrix ...supposedly one of the HARDER ones ... The first of those was VERY HARD ... the second one seemed much easier.:confused:

I do use a Woodchuck but in conjuntion with HSS skews.

t001xa22

Lenny, unfortunately I haven't made the plunge to invest in a Woodchuck yet (plan to).

Dave, thanks for the heads-up on your experience. Based on what both of you have said, I think I am going to give some TS a try.

thanks

Lenny

Lenny, unfortunately I haven't made the plunge to invest in a Woodchuck yet (plan to).

Dave, thanks for the heads-up on your experience. Based on what both of you have said, I think I am going to give some TS a try.

thanks

Yes, you should! Don't let it scare you.... Sharp HSS cuts better than carbide .... just not for long :)

Well worth the effort!

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
A Beaut!
Just did a Triton Fountain in Amboyna Burl, the 2nd in a week!
Had the first one out a total of 10 minutes before it sold in an Art show Saturday....

Top Bottom