Too many Keepers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timberbits

timberbits

When I am making batches of pens or boxes, something deep inside of me (I was probably a magpie in a previous life) tells me not to sell all the things I make. I am always finding excuses not to sell all my work.

Over the years of making these boxes, I have keep a few.

When setting up the display cabinet, I initially though that I had kept about 5 boxes in the few timbers that I truly love like Tiger Myrtle, Huon Pine, Red Cedar, Olive and Native Olive.

After I had finished setting it up, my Wife said why don't you show the rest of your boxes? I looked at her and said "that was it". She shook her head and said "Why don't you bring out your keepers?"

doh.gif

I Forgot about my keepers in the workshop. I have over 30 keepers in the workshop.

Took them out and put one of each timber in the display cabinet.

Here they are.

I think it's a bit too crowded so I might have to get another display cabinet.

What do you think?

David

Attachments

• Display cabinet 2.jpg
    Display cabinet 2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 418
  • Display cabinet.jpg
    Display cabinet.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 386
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

What do I think? I think you do excellent work! Those are some nice boxes. Some look like high-end humidors from the outside. They look great on the glass shelves with the good light reflecting.

dow

I think that you have too many for your cabinet. Send the extras to me, and I'll display them for you. :biggrin:

Seriously, that's very nice work.

76winger

I think if you empty out the pens in the cabinet next to it, you'll have lots of room to spread those boxes out! :biggrin:

Seriously though, Great looking collection of boxes!

Haynie

I have the problem too. If I sell it I won't have it anymore and damn it I put my soul into that whatever it is at the time.

I don't seem to have this problem if I give something away. I think I can tell when someone genuinely likes something I made and tend to give it to them. Then I think "Cool, I made someone happy"

Those are really nice boxes.

gimpy

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geee wiz !!!!!!!!!!:bulgy-eyes::bulgy-eyes:

NICE WORK.........

If I only could

bluwolf

The boxes look beautiful. The group pictures are very nice. But I for one would like to see a few shots of individual boxes. A couple of the larger boxes look very nicely done and I'm sure some of the detail of the smaller boxes are being lost in the crowd.

Mike

Top Bottom