thepenshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Max ........ nothing they do over there surprises me anymore. They've resorted to stealing our ideas .... and, from what my other agents report, they even stole our name for our birthday event and call it a Bash. It's probably been about a year since I withdrew my membership in TPS. Now that they've locked TPS down to members only ... I don't have a clue what they're doing.

Randy_

Hey........what difference does it make what TPS is doing??

And PLEEEESE give me a break!! I've been going to Birthday Bashes since my college days......hardly a name or celebration unique to IAP!!!

And there have been trivia contests on the radio since Al was in diapers. :wink:There are trivia games on TV and board games you can pick up in the toy stores

Ugly pen Contest........again hardly unique. There are ugly dog contests, ugly car contests, ugly whatever contests everywhere you look. Again, hardly unique to IAP.

You want something unique that TPS won't copy......why not start an ugly wife contest if you have the cahonnes. And then enter your wife in the contest.:tongue:

I don't care for a some of the stuff that goes on/has gone on at TPS; but there are things to be learned over there. Don't we have better things to do than bad-mouth our fellow pencrafters??

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Why do you perceive "copying" as "Bad-mouthing"??

I have made a nice living for nearly four decades promoting the concept of Copying.

Randy_

Give me another break, Ed!! You can't be naive enough to believe this thread was started because folks felt complimented because TPS imitated our activities.

And I would say that Al's characterization of their activities and "stealing" IAP names and ideas certainly qualifies as "bad-mouthing."

Or are you trying to tell me that you would take it as a compliment if someone suggested you "stole" something??:rolleyes:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well Randy,

I guess in the "limited access" section of the IAP we are not as careful with our posts as we would be in the "open forum". Kinda like you and your friends having a beer while preparing a plan for a party. You might say, "That SOB bought the SAME new car, right after good ol' Bob, here -- Dirty copycat!!!" Don't think your drinkin buddies would get too bent out of shape over it, would they???

As you know, I encourage you to have your own opinions -- but I, for one, am much less "protective" in the "restricted part" of the IAP. Perhaps I should change. I can, so far, I have chosen NOT to.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Back to the program!!

HEY SMART!!! 12:17 has come and gone, NO REPORT!!! You better get a report in here or we'll take "99" away from you!!!!

(Did anyone else ever wonder HOW Smart got assigned 99 and 007 had to work ALONE???)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I was in the cone of silence, Ed...that's why you couldn't hear me! :)

I don't think we really need to worry about TPS anymore...they seem to be quite stagnant...their birthday bash only brought in a few hundred dollars at most...we're already in the thousands in prizes alone, so I hope that the donation drawing brings in a lot of funds!

And as Curtis pointed out, their members seem to be actively jumping ship...

(and 007 had 99 of his own...if you add them all up! :wink:)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Look Smart, (fat chance)

We don't pay you to THINK!!! Bring in the dope on the competition - MANAGEMENT will DECIDE what you should THINK!!!

Jeeze, you give these agents an inch>>>>...........

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Easy Chief...man, these upper management types are touchy!!

I found out some dope on the competition, Ed!

I have it on good authority that the owners of erotic blanks are going to be giving each of the members of the management team a couple of snakeskin pen blanks from their private collection! Either that, or anytime they post a link to their website, Curtis is going to change the "B" to an "S"...

Either that, or I'm starting rumors! :biggrin:

DocStram

Hey........what difference does it make what TPS is doing??

And PLEEEESE give me a break!! I've been going to Birthday Bashes since my college days......hardly a name or celebration unique to IAP!!!

And there have been trivia contests on the radio since Al was in diapers. :wink:There are trivia games on TV and board games you can pick up in the toy stores

Ugly pen Contest........again hardly unique. There are ugly dog contests, ugly car contests, ugly whatever contests everywhere you look. Again, hardly unique to IAP.

You want something unique that TPS won't copy......why not start an ugly wife contest if you have the cahonnes. And then enter your wife in the contest.:tongue:

I don't care for a some of the stuff that goes on/has gone on at TPS; but there are things to be learned over there. Don't we have better things to do than bad-mouth our fellow pencrafters??

A couple of reactions to Randy's post: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1st I agree ... it doesn't make any difference what TPS is doing. We've got our own fish to fry.

2nd I've never heard the phrase "Bash" in terms of a birthday party and I actually do associate it with IAP. I guess I don't see the word "bash" in a generic sense like Randy does. I guess I've come to associate the word "Bash" with IAP's birthday. Sort of like hearing the word "whopper" and thinking of Burger King.

3rd I reckon I am engaging in "bad mouthing". I usually try to avoid engaging in bad mouthing since no good comes of it. Plus, it throws off my whole "harmonic balance" thing. I hate when I lose my equilibrium like that. Oh well.

4th And yes, we do have better things to do .... we could be spending our time laying out the ground rules for the Ugly Wife Contest. I can't wait to hear what Sweet Mrs. Randy says when she finds out what her husband is proposing!! Yikessss!!! :eek::eek:

On a serious note ...... I appreciate the friendly give and take that the Bash Crew is having with each other. You guys have been putting in a lot of time on our planning ... and the real work hasn't yet begun!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Easy Chief...man, these upper management types are touchy!!

I found out some dope on the competition, Ed!

I have it on good authority that the owners of erotic blanks are going to be giving each of the members of the management team a couple of snakeskin pen blanks from their private collection! Either that, or anytime they post a link to their website, Curtis is going to change the "B" to an "S"...

Either that, or I'm starting rumors! :biggrin:

CAREFUL THERE, SMART!!!

Those exotic erotic owners are known for holding onto REJECTS!!! IF they have it in their PRIVATE stock, YOU don't WANT it!!!

You'd think a good spy would KNOW these things. Ah, well, you just can't find good help any more.

That Smart, he's just NO PRIZE!!!

Now, Andrew, WELL, HE's over a HUNDRED Prizes!!!

M

Mudder

A couple of reactions to Randy's post: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1st I agree ... it doesn't make any difference what TPS is doing. We've got our own fish to fry.

2nd I've never heard the phrase "Bash" in terms of a birthday party and I actually do associate it with IAP. I guess I don't see the word "bash" in a generic sense like Randy does. I guess I've come to associate the word "Bash" with IAP's birthday. Sort of like hearing the word "whopper" and thinking of Burger King.

3rd I reckon I am engaging in "bad mouthing". I usually try to avoid engaging in bad mouthing since no good comes of it. Plus, it throws off my whole "harmonic balance" thing. I hate when I lose my equilibrium like that. Oh well.

4th And yes, we do have better things to do .... we could be spending our time laying out the ground rules for the Ugly Wife Contest. I can't wait to hear what Sweet Mrs. Randy says when she finds out what her husband is proposing!! Yikessss!!! :eek::eek:

On a serious note ...... I appreciate the friendly give and take that the Bash Crew is having with each other. You guys have been putting in a lot of time on our planning ... and the real work hasn't yet begun!

A few reactions to Doc's post :rolleyes::eek::wink:

1st. I haven't cared what TPS is doing since I left there 2 years ago.

2nd. I have heard of the word "bash" used to refer to a birthday party, a my boss just got fired party, a party just for the hell of it party, and a it's Friday night and I want to get drunk party.

3rd. Al, I told you once before that your harmonic balancer is mounted to the crankshaft of the car DAMMIT! Listen up.

4th. Yes, I do have better things to do and I can't for the life of me explain why I just wasted 5 minutes and 18 seconds of my life typing this :eek:

On a serious note.... It's past 5:00 and I'm going home.

Randy_

Well Randy,

I guess in the "limited access" section of the IAP we are not as careful with our posts as we would be in the "open forum". Kinda like you and your friends having a beer while preparing a plan for a party. You might say, "That SOB bought the SAME new car, right after good ol' Bob, here -- Dirty copycat!!!" Don't think your drinkin buddies would get too bent out of shape over it, would they.....

I think you missed the point I was trying to make; but there are more productive ways to spend our time so I am just going to move on.

M

Mudder

I think you missed the point I was trying to make; but there are more productive ways to spend our time so I am just going to move on.

More productive ways to spend OUR time....

When were you elected to be our collective conscience? I'll thank you to speak only for yourself in the future.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
A few reactions to Doc's post :rolleyes::eek::wink:

1st. I haven't cared what TPS is doing since I left there 2 years ago.

2nd. I have heard of the word "bash" used to refer to a birthday party, a my boss just got fired party, a party just for the hell of it party, and a it's Friday night and I want to get drunk party.

3rd. Al, I told you once before that your harmonic balancer is mounted to the crankshaft of the car DAMMIT! Listen up.

4th. Yes, I do have better things to do and I can't for the life of me explain why I just wasted 5 minutes and 18 seconds of my life typing this :eek:

On a serious note.... It's past 5:00 and I'm going home.

Take a typing course, Scott. I've known chimps that could type that in less than 2 minutes.!!! :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD,

A BEAUTIFUL DAY....................................

WON'T YOU BE MY FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR?????

GOOD NIGHT, RANDY

GOOD NIGHT, SCOTT

GOOD NIGHT, CAV

GOOD NIGHT, JOHN BOY!!​

M

Mudder

Says YOU!

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD,

A BEAUTIFUL DAY....................................

WON'T YOU BE MY FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR?????

GOOD NIGHT, RANDY

GOOD NIGHT, SCOTT

GOOD NIGHT, CAV

GOOD NIGHT, JOHN BOY!!​

Shows how much you know Ed brown.

I went to the PBS website and looked up the song and it don't say anything about being friendly so I ain't gonna be :tongue:

BTW, here is the song that was written and sang by Fred M. Rogers:

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor? "

DocStram

BTW .... being from Pittsburgh, I'm a huge Mister Rogers fan. I know you didn't ask, but I'll tell you a little about him. I always thought that one of the coolest things about Mister Rogers was that he would never buy a new suit. He always went to Goodwill to buy them. He thought it was perfectly reasonable since they were in still good condition but just not no longer wanted by somebody else. He wasn't cheap ... he donated loads of money to charities. He was also a Presbyterian minister. One of the tragedies in his life was the death of his son caused by overdosing on drugs.

Everytime I fly back to Pittsburgh I get a smile on my face when I walk thru the terminal and there, in the middle of the lobby is a huge display, in glass, of Mister Rogers' trolley.

And then, I get an even bigger smile when I walk a little further thru the terminal and, right at the top of the escalator ... is a life size statue of Franco Harris, in uniform, making the immaculate reception.

Anyway, I know you didn't ask .... but, I just thought I'd pass this story along to y'all.

Oh yeah .. one more thing .. just a warning ... DO NOT desecrate It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!! :biggrin::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Okay ... I take back "desecrate". You did improve upon it ... sort of. Although I think John Boy wouldn't be too happy. :biggrin:

By now, John boy is nearly as old as I am. He couldn't care less!!

You need to work on youir "old fart" attitude, Doc. (I don't worry about a thing, unless it impacts DINNER!!) It's really VERY healthy - at least MENTALLY healthy.

M

Mudder

Oh yeah .. one more thing .. just a warning ... DO NOT desecrate It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I agree. It's pretty presumptuous of you to thing that you could "improve" on a masterpiece. Shame on you Ed Brown, shame on you. :wink:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Oh yeah, next, I'll put a second arm on "David", spose you think he doesn't need THAT, either!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

For what it is worth, below are images of David and Venus de Milo. Gosh, wonder who those small cojones are patterned after???? :biggrin:

Attachments

• venus_de_milo.jpg
    venus_de_milo.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 82
  • David.jpg
    David.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom