Texas rookie here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sol92258

Good morning to everyone
My name is Jim, I've just recently got bitten by the woodturning bug.
'Tis a long and winding story of how I got here, but here goes.
Was watching Norm Abram turn a Banksia pod on one episode of NYW, I'd seen him turn some stuff before, but this one really caught my eye. Then I changed jobs (same job, different school district - computer tech) and was doing some work in the CAD lab, which is overseen by the woodshop teacher, who has several mini lathes in his shop. I'd stay a little bit after work and mess around a few times, but now am interested in turning shave brush handles, mainly as a hobby, and ended up somehow following Anthony, aka PenWorks over here...I was actually doing a Google search for "Penworks", trying to find a post he made on badgerandblade.com, where I'm also a member, and ended up here.
Short story shorter, I'm looking forward to learning all I can here; like I said, this is going to be more of a free time hobby than anything else, so I'm sure I'll mostly be contributing questions, so please bear with me as a complete rookie.
Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Hello Jim and welcome to the IAP, there are a lot of good people in here who will answer your questions, we were all rookies at one time!

Have a look in the library or do a search to see if the answer you are looking for is there, it usually is. I have been making pens since 2004 and I am still learning new things all the time.

Fred

Welcome to the IAP Forum. If you ask enough questions you will definitely get way more great answers than you can possibly imagine exist. Opinions also are handed out here without any limits. :eek:

Glad to have you online with the rest of us. :biggrin:

Top Bottom