Stripes & Burls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ElMostro

ElMostro

Here is my latest pen. It is Red Malle burl with swirly blue stripes, finished with CA on a Jr. Statesman Titanium Gold Kit. Whadaya think?

DSC07133.jpg

DSC07145.jpg

DSC07148.jpg

DSC07144.jpg

Eugene

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Eugene,

I am a fan of your blanks but for some reason that one doesn't do it for me. I think it has too much swirl in between the stripes. I think I like the plainer woods with the stripes better. I like it, don't get me wrong but not as much as some of the others I have seen.

Nice kit and awesome finish!!

jskeen

Wow Eugene, you do remember how to get them from square to round to pen shaped after all! Beautiful blank, I can see why that one didn't make it into the "Sell box" once it came off the bandsaw. Well done!

keithkarl2007

So you do turn pens lol. I have some Bog Oak Burl scraps or offcuts or whatever you wanna call them that could be casted. Interested?

seamus7227

Eugene, I however like it because it is busy! Sort of like it keeps you guessing. Upon closer inspection, I noticed you did an excellent job on keeping the wood in line with each other in the grain aspect.

Fred, I can see your point to, and I also agree that a more strait grained wood may be more subtle and eye pleasing. Aww hell, good job!! I sure couldnt have done it:rolleyes:

Top Bottom