Streamlined cartridge pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rherrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

rherrell

I tried to soften up the transition from cartridge to cap and make it flow a little more. Clear PC on the brass and ca on the antler.

200712169513_resize11690.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Verne

Rick, nice job as always. Did you turn down the "flang" on the cartridge?, that is the end of the firing cap. It looks symetrical so I can only assume it wasn't just sanded off. Also, how do you drill the the shell or business end of the bullet? Thanks for sharing.
Vern

rherrell

Hey Vern! Let me start off by saying... THE PANTHERS AND THE TEXANS SUCK....Been wanting to tell you that for a while now but I keep forgetting to email you after the games. I really shouldn't let it upset me so much. ANYWAY, yes I turned down the brass(with an old skew) and formed a pocket in the cap into which it fits. I put the bullet in my Beall chuck to drill. I drill a hole just big enough for the tip of the refill to fit through first. I then turn it around and drill a hole big enough for the body of the refill ALMOST all the way through. Email me if you want drill sizes and such. I can also send you some photos of the process if you like. Good to hear from you Vern!!!

Verne

Ok Rick, you don't have to get ugly...went to the Texans game Thursday night and it was a wienner! Panthers still suck!
Vern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom