Stand-Up, my new hobby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

I've only been making custom order pens since I got laid off and pen sales are down. I had to find a new hobby to fill some of the time. One thing that I have always wanted to do was stand-up comedy. Last week, I finally got up the courage to go to an open mic night. It went over pretty well and was a lot of fun! If you want to so my performance, it is on Youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSt_xgXjAg

If you ever want to try something great, find an open mic somewhere.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Steve that was great! I remember the John Wayne term when i was in the army, and Have carried it on in my life ever since! Great Job. LMAO!!!!!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Good Stuff!! I got quite a few laughs out of it. Now I don't want to see any polls put up here having anything to do with folding and/or wadding.

RAdams

Banned
I am going to download it tonight when i can get a slightly better connection...

First and foremost, I want to say THANK YOU for doing this, and for sharing. You may or may not know that i posted a "stand up" skit and am considering doing stand up also. This is the push i need!! THANK YOU!!

Tanner

That was pretty good Steve! Something so simple can make people laugh, I did. I'm actually a wadder then wrapper. Wad first, then wrap around the wad at least once. My cousin and I just discussed this very topic. I also freak if I see the toilet paper come off the back of the roll. I have to have it come off the front. Major pet peeve of mine. My wife puts the roll on backwards just to irritate me.

RAdams

Banned
yeah that was pretty funny! I have heard the "wadder vs folder" routine before, but not quite like that! You took it in a whole other direction and built a whole skit off of one funny joke, and added even more funnier jokes!

Good stuff!! Keep it up!

Stevej72

Thank you for all the nice comments. This is the only club within at least 400 miles that has an open mic night. It started in February and I put it off until last week due to being scared. Wasn't sure what to do or how to do it. So I decided to use this material from a speech I had given several times at Toastmasters. If it wouldn't have been for the speaking experience I got from Toastmasters I would never have done it.

Ron, I'm glad to hear that this was the push you need to get going with stand-up. Do it as soon as you can, I waited six months and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I plan to go up every Wednesday that I am in town. I have improvements I want to make in the material, and a few other things to try.

Jack, I am working on adding a bit about poking a hole in the middle of a square of TP. From what I understand that is called the Army way of doing it. I am going to put it in after the Cheryl Crowe bit and suggest that might be the way she does it.

Mike, great idea on the pole, but probably on a different forum. When I first did this material 2 years ago, I bought the website www.folderorwadder.com and had it for a year. I think about 70% were folders.

Steve, I enjoyed the video, well done. Too bad the light was so bright!
A few related topics you might visit are "are you a front or back wiper?" do you lean left, right? Take on the man who sits or stands to pee, etc...

kinggabby

I could have given a demo if I were on stage. I would have been so scared that well I would have .... you know ... um it could have been prop comedy

jttheclockman

Very good. Was laughing right along. Makes one think.:) Lets all stop using those corncobs for pens and start conseving(had to bring it back to the pen topic:)) Thanks for the link.

Stevej72

Thanks again, everyone!

Jack, I think I will add "scoot my butt across the carpet" the next time I do this set, hopefully Wednesday night.

Top Bottom