Sponsors and Donators List

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All - I've posted on the front page a list of companies and individuals which have donated prizes for the drawing and contests.

If you have donated something for the bash and you don't see your name, let me know! (Click the email link in my profile...) Likewise, notify me of errors.

Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

First!
I want to add my thanks to everyone that donated. It is much appreciated.

This is probably the funnest time of the year here. I hope everyone enjoys it ans gets to share in something.

Scott

All of you who responded to my plea for some blanks to be donated for additional prizes - well, you're not on this list yet! We were already putting that list, with the links, together before I asked for those other donations.

What do you think? Do we want to have links to everybody on the front page, including individual IAP members who donate? I think it would be nice, and it would be easy enough to do. But if you don't care if you're listed on the front page, speak up!

Thank you everybody for donating, and making this a great Birthday Bash!

Scott.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Scott,
Since my question may have prompted this one, my thought is that the front page is full enough. If you want to post the donor list for the Trivia game, what about the last post in the Trivia thread at the end of the contest on the 31st. That gives opportunity to says "Thanks" without filling up the front page. Just a thought.

GoodTurns

Originally posted by edman2

Scott,
Since my question may have prompted this one, my thought is that the front page is full enough. If you want to post the donor list for the Trivia game, what about the last post in the Trivia thread at the end of the contest on the 31st. That gives opportunity to says "Thanks" without filling up the front page. Just a thought.

works for me....

Sylvanite

Originally posted by edman2

... what about the last post in the Trivia thread at the end of the contest on the 31st.
Well, at the risk of sounding peevish, I'm thinking the prize donators should get more than just one post at the end of the bash. A lot of them are running businesses and are justifying their donations as an advertising expense. A single post at the end of a long forum isn't really much exposure in return.

Now, I understand that the front page may be overcrowded, but I really feel that the donators list should be displayed somewhere for the duration of the birthday bash. How about a separate page, or a locked topic in the birthday bash forum containing the list? That would also give enough room for additional information (if desired).

Regards,
Eric

(P.S. - in the interests of disclosure, I have a vested interest in the list given that I'm on it. I have held off replying for that reason but I hope my opinion would be the same regardless.)

GaryMGg

Eric,
I think Freddie and I were responding to the issue of INDIVIDUALS rather than individuals acting as businesses.
I sell blanks here occassionally and I regularly stock pen pouches for sale since I found a supplier with great pricing YET my contribution to the trivia contest is from me as an individual.
I don't disagree with your post; I think there are two separate situations occurring.
I believe all donations from businesses and individuals representing a business should be listed on the Home page.

Scott

Actually, I think that every single person who donates a prize to the Birthday Bash deserves recognition! If it were not for you all, we would not be having a Birthday Bash! My question above was mainly to see if everybody wants to be listed on the main page of the site. But I was also thinking that a nice dedicated post, locked and stickied, in the Birthday Bash Forum would be only proper.

I want to give everybody thanks for being a supporter of the IAP, and am only weighing that against posting another forty names on the front page! But I will get to work on the Prize Donors Post here on the Birthday Bash forum! Give me a couple of days - it's a big list! :)

Scott.

great12b4ever

Here is my 2 cents worth. Yes I have agreed to donate a box of blanks for the Birthday bash. I am an individual who has not yet sold anything on the IAP, yet I have a business license and do sell completed pens, misc turnings, arts and crafts along with LOML's arts and crafts, both wholesale and retail. We have had our businesses running for over 7 years, yet I have only been turning for 6 months.
I am donating a box of blanks, yet these were acquired/purchased for my business. I do plan on starting to sell blanks here, but not yet set-up fully.

So, am I a business? YES. Am I an individual? YES. I can use the donation for tax write-offs/advertisements, and such and I will be selling here very soon. So, Do I get front-page recognition? Do I get end of bash final post listing?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a @$#%. I donated to the IAP because the IAP has been good to me and for me.

Rob

arioux

Hi,

My 2 cents. I think it is important to recognize the commercial donnator and sponsor, mostly because the size (amount) of their donnation and most of they don't really have to do it to get our business. AS for my contrinution, well that's it, a contribution to this site. Recongnition, i have it all year long, each time i need an information or i learn something new. The personn that should have its name in large flshing letter on every pages is Jeff, because he is the biggest donnator to this site.

Alfred

karlkuehn

Banned
I gotta agree. The IAP has really improved my skills, no doubt about it! I'm happy to contribute! I've learned so much from all of you, it's just been an amazing ride, I love having the ability to ask just about any question and have it be answered by smarter, more patient members!

Thanks, IAP! :D

Anyhoo, I was thinking that maybe something in a 16pt. bold font would look good, with maybe a live link to my store embedded in there, and make sure you spell my name right, you know? 'Branding' and all that's very important, and oh yeah, would it be over the top to maybe put some animated sparklies in there somehow? [:p]

Top Bottom