Spalted Hackberry - A new favourite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from philb

philb

Hi,

Spalted Hackberry has jumped right up the list of favourite woods, especially among the none-burls!! Really have to get more of this and try it on all the kit variations!

PHIL

1_SpHackberry_FP_-_Rh.jpg

1_SpHackberry_FP_-_Rh4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimmyheikes

I totally agree................Spalted Hackberry is also way up on my list. Hackberry is very plain but the spalted wood is outstanding. I'm always on the lookout for supplies. I've made several bowls out of it.................

Jimmy

Drstrangefart

That's awesome. It looks really similar to that spalted crosscut dogwood I've been playing with up until recently. On a kit that beefy, the hackberry looks pretty opulent.

Justturnin

Man-o-man that is some nice wood there. I really like Spalted Hackberry. I have some sweetgum spalting in a home brew bag and hope to the Penturning Gods it looks like that when done.

The pen itself also looks great.

SGM Retired

Chris, What is this"Home Brew Bag" stuff you are talking about? I'm looking at a stack of sweet gum and hackberry logs I cut some time ago and was thinking about speeding up the process. I burn 99% in the fire place of this stuff but would love to turn more than I have in the past.
Gary

Top Bottom