Someone to cast snakes for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

I have a employee at the funeral home that catches live rattlesnakes. He has about 40 snake skins tanned and wants a pen made out of snake skin. If anyone knows how to cast these and would be willing to cast some for me I would either pay you or trade in snakeskin blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />I just sent Anthony some skins to cast too.

Just a note, I do not cast snake skins for sale. See BB, he sells them precast. The last person who wanted snake skin blanks waited 3-4 months (sorry) Gemini's are real bad on commitments, especially when the other party says "no hurry"

This was just a favor to a fellow Zonie, Bev.

JimGo

I've done a few, but still haven't perfected the technique (though I'm getting closer). I'm happy to give it a try, if you're willing to take the risk (should be relatively low, but there's always a chance of a problem) and are willing to be patient (I have to cast outside, which requires nice weather). For me, the worst part is gluing the skins to the tubes - I'm really picky about how I want mine to fit. If you can send some pre-glued tubes, I can turn the casting around faster.

Anthony, don't feel TOO bad, apparently Aries aren't much better about such committments - I owe a fellow member a set of blanks from a trade several weeks ago! (thanks for your patience!)

rtjw

I talked with Anthony over the phone today and he has coerced me into doin my own. I went online and bought two gallons of resin and some colors. I hope I dont screw up too much.

alamocdc

Just follow the instructions in the posted articles, Johnny. It isn't really that difficult. Smelly and intoxicating, but not difficult. At least not at first. [:D][:p][:0]

PenPauli

Does anyone have a link to cast these. I have made snakeskin blanks but just glue them to a wooden blank and cover with ca. I would like to cast my own also but don't know the best way to do it. Thanks for all your help.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom