Status
Not open for further replies.

England14

20081131843_TryAntler1.jpg

20081131941_TryAntler2.jpg

200811311030_TryAntler3.jpg

200811311119_TryAntler4.jpg

20081131126_TryAntler5.jpg

He wanted an unusual pen made from his antlers, so I thought I'd give him a choice. The first one looks strange, but fits the hand nice, it seems to be the most popular with the few people who have seen them. I think the middle one is to big and bulky, but a few people have said they liked it. Haven't shown anyone the last one just finished it this evening. I hope he takes the second one and leaves me the rest. I am making him this pen in exchange for a bunch of antlers. I still need to work on the pictures but I'm getting a little better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Nice job! You sold him three pens instead of one!
I personally like all three and like the fact that you provided your customer with such a variety of choices.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Maybe I just don't get it but how did you turn the connecting ends of the odd shaped antlers down to size? No Such thing as a stupid question, right? Maybe just a stupid person is asking but......

England14

Originally posted by hunter-27
<br />Maybe I just don't get it but how did you turn the connecting ends of the odd shaped antlers down to size? No Such thing as a stupid question, right? Maybe just a stupid person is asking but......

I hand hold them and drill a hole in the end. Glue an extra long tube in with a 1/4" rod as a filler. Chuck that in the lathe and keep you knuckles out of the way. After turning the extra tube is cut off and the end is squared with a home made pen mill sander. Rest is SOP.

BTW it is my belief that the only "stupid question" is the one unasked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom