Soft Willow pen blanks...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Hi everyone,

I've got some soft/punk/charred willow wood pen blanks cut, specially for colouring, filling and many other possible finishes.

The Wood is not spalted as such but instead has reach the stage where the "elastic" flexible wood fibres are still pretty stable but the "filling" or "spacing" fibres have lost its structure, therefore becoming very soft and spongy. This is particularly important to achieve some "special effects" within the wood when finished. Obviously, that will depend a lot on what type of finish is applied but the possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination.

I can certainly ascertain that, these are not the type of blanks for a 5 minute job of for a 15 minute put together pen, it will require time to get the finish to be effective, efficient and with a difference. This different is what you could not possible get from a raw natural piece of wood on its own...!

So if you like a challenge and are willing to thing outside the box when it comes to what can be added to a punk piece of wood to start with but, with lots of possibilities, this is your opportunity.

The blanks are very light weight so freight isn't much of an issue...! (sort of speak!)

Blanks are provided with the square corners cut and dimensions of 21mm square x 130mm long.

Blanks sell for AU$0.75 each, unlimited number...!

Prices for USA and Canada, only. Other locations please request quote!

*- Small postal box up to 250gr = AU$11.50 + $7.50= AU$18.00 (10 blanks)

*- Medium Postal box up to 500gr = AU$17.70 + $18.00 = AU$35.70 (24 blanks)

Payment by Paypal, only...!

Please, make your orders/expressions of interest through this thread, only.

ATTENTION: For all blanks sold, 15% of the blanks sales value, will be donated to IAP...! Thank you.

For any other info, please send me a PM.

PS: Attached are 4 of these blanks (1 to 4 side of same blank), with different random finishes, many, many more are possible...! The first pics is the raw blank just filled and finished with CA. The second lot is green tinted, filled and finished with CA. The third lot is blue tinted filled with Colonial red gum fine saw dust and finished with CA. The fourth is black tinted filled with silver dust and finished with CA.

PS: If you have these type blanks (wood) already and would like to know how some of these finishes are achieved (done), let me know and I may put together a tutorial with the main steps...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Raw blanks 2 pics.jpg
    Raw blanks 2 pics.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Raw blank finished sample 2 pics.jpg
    Raw blank finished sample 2 pics.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Green sample- 4 pics.jpg
    Green sample- 4 pics.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Blue sample  4 pics.jpg
    Blue sample 4 pics.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Black sample 4 pics.jpg
    Black sample 4 pics.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

robutacion

"Thread CLOSED"

Hi everyone,

Now that the "edit" tool is no longer available unfortunately, and my request to have this thread closed didn't got a reply, I see no other option to close "officially" this thread then to create this post.

So this thread is <<<<<CLOSED>>>>>

Thank you..!

Cheers
George

Timebandit

Man i would love yo have a small box of these.Bummer.

Sorry just re-read it.Nevermind,seems like to much work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom