Staff member
2020 IAP Smock Sale

Place your order at the IAP Store ORDERING CLOSED

These are similar to the smocks obtained through previous group buys
  • Polyester fabric
  • Mesh underarm panels
  • Breast pocket with flap
  • Open rear hip pockets
  • Specially designed IAP logo embroidered in color. A special logo was commissioned for these smocks, and it was designed by @Jontello
  • Available Colors: Royal Blue, Light Blue, Navy Blue, Tan, Maroon, Grey, and Black
  • Available Sizes: S - XXXXL designed to be worn over clothing so they run quite large
  • For an additional $5, your name can be embroidered on the right front, on the pocket flap, or over the logo
This is a group buy, so it works as follows:
  • We take orders for a specified time period, in this case, about 3 weeks
  • Once the order period closes, we place the order with the vendor
  • Upon arrival, the smocks are shipped to individual buyers
  • Once the ordering window closes, individual orders cannot be canceled
Here is the planned timeline:
  • Ordering opens Sun Aug 30 and closes Sat Sept 19
  • Order placed with smock company on Mon Sept 21
  • Expected receipt of bulk shipment by mid-Oct
  • Expected shipment to buyers by Oct 30
Costs are as follows:
  • S-XL = $42, XXL = $43, XXXL = $44, XXXXL = $45
  • Embroidered name is an additional $5
  • US domestic shipping is $8.40 flat rate USPS priority
  • International shipping is actual cost, typically around $22.00 USPS first class package (other options provided)
  • The cost includes our online store and credit card fees, bulk shipping from the vendor to us, and a few dollars of cushion. Any excess over final actual cost will go to the IAP
Post your comments and questions in this thread, or contact @Dalecamino or I directly.

Thanks for your interest in this group purchase, and please join me in expressing appreciation for Chuck's extensive effort in making this happen!

smock_logo.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichAldrich

Ordered two. Thanks.

I contacted Chuck a while back because my smock got shredded coming out of the washer. Thin and torn, many stains and patches. Loved my IAP smock. Had it for 11-12 years. I am retired. It was used daily. No way it could be salvaged. It has been 2-3 months. I still look for it when I enter my shop.

I regret not taking or posting a picture of it.

I am confidant I could have competed in the who has the most worn, stained and patched IAP smock.

Anybody have any pictures of theirs? It is a little creepy if they can stand up on their own.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Friends.... please be mindful of two things:

1. If you order the smock WITH your name, remember to provide
  • location for your name (there's a dropdown box on the item page)
  • exact text for your name (there's a text box on the item page)
2 . Provide your IAP username on the checkout page just as it appears at IAP.

We use a simple cart theme (i.e. free) and it doesn't have the smarts to scold you for not providing the location and text. It does ensure you enter your IAP username, but it doesn't make sure it's correct :)

THANKS!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Relative to size....

I am 6'3", 235lb, I usually wear 38-40 waist pants, and XL in t-shirts and sweatshirts
My LARGE smock fits comfortably over a sweatshirt
My X-LARGE smock is a comfortable over a heavy sweatshirt

If you already own a smock, consider posting similar info to help others trying to choose.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm on the fence about whether I need a medium or a small. Can any previous buyers provide help with that?
These smocks are sized to wear over clothing. So if you wear a medium shirt, order a medium smock. If you wear a heavy jacket when working in your shop, consider a Large.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Relative to size....

I am 6'3", 235lb, I usually wear 38-40 waist pants, and XL in t-shirts and sweatshirts
My LARGE smock fits comfortably over a sweatshirt
My X-LARGE smock is a comfortable over a heavy sweatshirt

If you already own a smock, consider posting similar info to help others trying to choose.

Couple more thoughts...

I just put on a very heavy jacket, and my large smock fit, but not with much room.
For my size, I'd be very comfortable with an XL smock over a heavy jacket.

If you're a full XL in shirts, I'd stick with the XL smock
If you're just barely an XL, and you wear light clothing when you turn, consider the large

RichAldrich

5'11" 240. Wear 38 in pants. Wear 2XL shirt. I have a two xl smock. I can comfortably wear it over a tee shirt, sweatshirt or thin rain jacket for wet turning. Fits me great. Jeff's advice for size very good above on different sizes.

My fondness for cheeseburgers pushed me to a 3xl but it had to be taken in.

Pinch points will be shoulders and stomach. Make sure you can move your arms and reach unrestricted.

stuckinohio

Jeff,

Do you know if these smocks are the same ones that were sold by the AAW at the last MPG? Mine has a tag seems to be made by:

4-1-2 wear

I'm wondering because I like the size of the one I have and if it's the same I'd order the same size.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,

Do you know if these smocks are the same ones that were sold by the AAW at the last MPG? Mine has a tag seems to be made by:

4-1-2 wear

I'm wondering because I like the size of the one I have and if it's the same I'd order the same size.

Lewis - these are by 4-1-2 Wear, and seem to be 100% identical to the AAW smocks.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just shy of 2 weeks left in the ordering window. We currently have 34 smocks ordered.

Click on over to our store and get yours while you can.

Attachments

• IAP-RED.jpg
    IAP-RED.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 190

PBorowick

Just ordered a navy blue one, thank you for doing this!
I was just talking to my daughter about needed a smock after turning some wet horse chestnut that left black stains all over my arms.

WriteON

Ordered ... thank you. MaroonXL w/ name. Please check with me before shipping. Might be at different address

Jehster1

Friends.... please be mindful of two things:

1. If you order the smock WITH your name, remember to provide
  • location for your name (there's a dropdown box on the item page)
  • exact text for your name (there's a text box on the item page)
2 . Provide your IAP username on the checkout page just as it appears at IAP.

We use a simple cart theme (i.e. free) and it doesn't have the smarts to scold you for not providing the location and text. It does ensure you enter your IAP username, but it doesn't make sure it's correct :)

THANKS!
Bah, I clicked through too fast and missed the location box. Where/To whom can I provide that info after the fact?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Smock order update: The order were sent to the company on Friday. That was a few days behind the intended schedule as we had to straighten out the details for a number of orders.

The next milestone will be receipt of the bulk smock orders, expected around Oct 25.

Any questions, get in touch with me or Chuck.

Top Bottom