Slimline Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

I still have a few questions.

1. Do we know yet how many prizes I will have to give away for the contest? I didn't mention having multiple prizes in multiple categories, because i didn't know what we would have available.
  2. Are we going to have the emails@penturners.org setup. If so is slimelines@penturners.org the correct address?
  3. I don't have any judges lined up yet, but I believe I read in one of the threads we were supposed to ask a couple of people that weren't on the bash crew. Off the top of my head i was going to ask skye and papaturner. If neither of those were interested then I figure I'll run through a list of some other members.

Here are the rules I've got so far

====================================

The Slimline Pen contest

The objective is to get creative with the standard slimline kit. This contest is open to anybody who wants to compete. All entires must be submitted by 9 AM EST on Feb 23rd. The winner will be announced on Feb 26th.

Prizes
1st; - $100 CDN Gift Certificate compliments of William Woodwrite (penblanks.ca)
2nd; 1 sample packs of exotic woods from South Africa compliments of Zambezi Exotics
Most Innovative; 3 Ebonite blanks. 2 black and one black/yellow swirl compliments of Russianwolf.

Basic Rules

1. Entry must be a pen and the refill must be retractable without requiring the pen to be dissasembled.
  2. You need to use a standard slimline kit. It doesn't matter where you buy the slimline kit as long as it is a slimline.
  3. The only optional part is the center-band. You must use the transmission, tubes, nib, clip, refill and finial. You can add additional parts to your pen, but additional parts have to come from a slimline kit. You can also modify the parts. Any parts that are traditionally visible, must be at least partially visible on the final pen.
  4. You can enter a maximum of 2 pens you need to submit at least 3 pictures of each pen. Photos should show all sides of the pen. At least one photo should show the refill out and one should show the refill retracted. You should try to take the best picture possible. Judges will use the photos to quantify the quality of the pen. (i.e. If the pen appears out of round in the pictures the judges will have to assume it is out of round.)
  5. One entry can win multiple prizes. First or second place pen can also win most innovative.
  6. Pens will be judge by a panel of respected IAP members. The judges will be anonymous and their decisions will be final. Judges will not know which pens belong to which members until after the winner is selected. Pens will be judged on their fit & finish, form, and innovation. In the event of a tie, photo quality will be used to determine the winner.
  7. Pens entered in the competition should not have been shown on any forum prior to entry, and must not be posted prior to winners being announced.
  8. Entries should be sent to slimlines@penturners.org. All entries have to include the users IAP username, first and last name, mailing address and email address. Entries without all the proper information will be ineligible. They must be submitted by 9 AM EST on Feb 23rd. For those of you on a International scale, EST is GMT-5

Last edited:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ben,

This looks good to me. As I think I mentioned, I would keep it simple and have only one class. Offer prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Let me know when you are ready to post the rules.

Cav

davinci27

Skye has agreed to be one of the judges for this competition. Based off his feedback, I added a few things to the rules.

1) I fixed a typo in rules 1 and 4.
2) Add a list of parts that must be used to rule 2.
3) Added some specifics to rule 4 stating that the pictures will be used to judge the pens.

davinci27

Updated the rules and added the prizes. If nobody sees any other issues, these are ready to post. If nobody posts them before me, I'll put them on the bash forum tomorrow.

Ben

Top Bottom