"Slim" pickin's this weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

Going to be a busy weekend, but I did manage to get some shop time. Here are two cocobolo pens and a homebrew PR. One of the cocobolo pens and the PR are for a sherrif's officer friend; he needed something that would fit in his breast pocket. He picked the silver PR from a bunch of PR I had made last weekend. The blank didn't look like much on the outside, but MAN does the final pen look sweet! I only wish I had remembered to paint the stupid tubes, or the inside of the blank like Alice mentioned. Oh well, on this pen, the brass actually just looks like an internal highlight, so I'm not gonna worry. I'm posting it as a lesson for all the homebrew PR people - you never know what's going to be inside that blank!

Oh, the two cocobolo's came from a single 7/8" blank, too. Yes, I'm frugal!

Cocobolo%20SLs%20and%20Silver%20PR%20SL.jpg

Cocobolo%20SLs%20and%20Silver%20PR%20SL%202.jpg

Here are the silver blanks:
0055302539_New%20PR%20Mold%20-%20blanks%20close-up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Anthony, it would have been four, but somehow I managed to drill one half-blank crooked, and I got a little "overly creative" on another set of blanks (unfortunately, the nicest set!) and sent pieces flying everywhere. Oh well, what more can I expect for "free" blanks!

woodwish

I think Cocobola is what started all my allergic raction problems that I am still having, my arms started itching just looking at the pens. [:(!] They are nice looking though, good work. I not a real fan of resin pens but that is nice, and the brass showing through kind of adds to the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom