Skew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Been wanting to try this for a while. M4 steel 1/4 x 3/4 (also have some M2 and will compare sometime), 3/4" copper pipe cap, and some left over walnut from old projects. Mostly made with disk sander and lathe; a little help from the dremel and some hand chisels to seat the tang. A little time consuming, but actually easier than I thought it would be. Cuts like knife through butter and leaves an incredibly smooth surface. Think next one will have a longer handle but will turn it with this.

2006112124736_skew%203.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

How did you cut the steel?
I would like to make a bowl scraper with a unique shape but don't have metal working tools. I understand most of the high speed steels are pretty resistant to ordinary hacksaws.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
A colleague of mine at work and I did a mini group buy on the steel. We ordered it cut to length for a few extra dollars, but I don't see why a dremmel tool with a cutoff blade wouldn't go through it. Everything else was shaped with a disk sander with 150 grit paper. Took some time and did wear through 2 sheets, but it can be done totally with abrasives of one kind or another, bench grinder, disk sanders, spindle sanders, dremels, or any combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom