Show Off Your Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaeger

jaeger

This is a pen that I made out of some "Found" wood.
I stopped at a sale and found a clock made out of Ironwood that had a carving of a Bear with a fish in it's mouth. The clock was junk, the bear was COOL, and the wood was large. Price- $10.00.
This is the first of many pens that I plan for this piece.
I saved the bear for further consideration.

Ironwood3-1.jpg

Ironwood3-2.jpg

jskeen

I happened across a little junk store/anteek maul way out in the middle of nowhere that had a BUNCH of those ironwood carvings. They wanted too much for them for me to buy a bunch, but when I asked about them, they said "yeah, we bought a wholesale lot of those years ago, but when we unpacked them, a bunch of them were broken, so we stuck them in a box somewhere"........... Took over an hour to find it, and I got pretty dirty climbing around on boxes, but I got at least 100 lbs of ironwood for $20. Made some cool pens, I've only got a couple of pieces left now

jaeger

I happened across a little junk store/anteek maul way out in the middle of nowhere that had a BUNCH of those ironwood carvings. They wanted too much for them for me to buy a bunch, but when I asked about them, they said "yeah, we bought a wholesale lot of those years ago, but when we unpacked them, a bunch of them were broken, so we stuck them in a box somewhere"........... Took over an hour to find it, and I got pretty dirty climbing around on boxes, but I got at least 100 lbs of ironwood for $20. Made some cool pens, I've only got a couple of pieces left now

I find Ironwood carvings every so often, but I don't cut them up if they are nice pieces. If it's a duck, (which I seem to see a lot) and the head is broken and glued back on, I will cut it up. I have had good luck with the pieces that I have found.

Top Bottom