ServicePens: Pens For Servicemen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

On a side note, I met a soldier in the Dallas airport last month while waiting for a flight. We got to talking. He had been injured in the war and was using an army-issue metal cane. I offered to turn him a cane.

I made him a cane of cherry wood with a brass handle and sent it to him, with the understanding that when he no longer needed it he would take it to a local veterans or military hospital and donate it. (I was a WAC in the 60s).

Sharon

Last edited:

GaryMGg

Sharon,
This is hard to write without it coming out sounding wrong but your story
makes me also want to share something in the hope others will follow suit.
I've had to travel a lot for business in the last couple of years.
We have a lot of service personnel who also have to travel to training, missions, and
home to see family.
Each trip when I'm in an airport, I look for service personnel who are travelling
and if I find a couple or three who are having a meal in one of the airport
food spots such as Chilis, I corral their waitress and pick up the tab.
I never expense those meals -- they're mine.
It's one small gesture to say thank you for your service.

Minotbob

Greg - I do this also. I have a home near Minot AFB and we always see airmen out having lunch. So when I pick up their tab I always get a kick out of watching them look around and try to figure out who picked up their tab.

Sharon - That's a great idea. It gives me some ideas for other smaller things that I can carry with me all the time to give them. Good on ya gal!

sbwertz

Greg - I do this also. I have a home near Minot AFB and we always see airmen out having lunch. So when I pick up their tab I always get a kick out of watching them look around and try to figure out who picked up their tab.

Sharon - That's a great idea. It gives me some ideas for other smaller things that I can carry with me all the time to give them. Good on ya gal!

Smaller is good! You should have seen me trying to figure out how to package it for mailing!

Top Bottom