Second Pentel.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rherrell

rherrell

today..... Gotta love these long weekends! Here's the yellow one. I would have finished the blue one also but I got in the shop at 3 A.M. this morning and I'm POOPED! Same as the first, Koa with CA.
Thanks for looking...:)

2008324204817_crop800.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Yeah Cav, I know. I didn't plan very well. This was the only yellow I had and I didn't feel like whipping up a batch of PR.
These first three are basically a way to practice my chops on these things.
I think I'll try mixing some PR to match the exact color of the original pencils. I feel that color coding is important because the lead is so small it's hard to tell them apart.
Making the whole pen out of plastic wouldn't work because you couldn't paint the inside. I have some stabilized BEB the right colors, maybe I'll try that and leave that little top piece off.

Dan_F

Very nice, makes me wish I had noticed the drill bit group buy before it had closed. I agree with Cav though on the yellow top thingy.

Dan

MDWine

That is excellent, although I might agree with Cav... just a tad busy.
I am really trying to make these too... last night I discovered a mis-alignment in my 1236, so I gotta fix that...

I was thinking about putting the "grip rings" near the nib, and using 5 or 7 or 9 to denote the size of the lead... I like your idea better, I think.

Nice job, nice pencil... dang it! :D Makes me want to pull this off even more!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by MDWine

That is excellent, although I might agree with Cav... just a tad busy.
I am really trying to make these too... last night I discovered a mis-alignment in my 1236, so I gotta fix that...

I was thinking about putting the "grip rings" near the nib, and using 5 or 7 or 9 to denote the size of the lead... I like your idea better, I think.

Nice job, nice pencil... dang it! :D Makes me want to pull this off even more!

OMG, does the ShopSmith get jealous when you cheat with the Jet?

:D:D:D

Top Bottom