Sea Creature Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

I made a new lower barrel for the pen that was making Frank paranoid and added tentacles. When I made its dark brother I tried for a more sinister eye. My next batch of epoxy will be a longer than 5 minute type to try to keep the bubbles out of the inlay. With these 2 pens the white is epoxy and the black is ebony. The tentacles are holly and black dyed veneer. Here's looking at you:D
albinosquidSmall.jpg

blacksquidSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Jim,
I like them. Your right about the darker pens eye. Has that squid look to it.

Jim Boyd

Go ahead and critique them. It doesn't look like it but the fit is good. Tell me what you think about the rest. Don't hold back[8D] P.S. I can go get some Depends if needed[^]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
You know Jim... they have places for people like you.. they even supply nice white coats with long sleeves. [}:)][}:)]

Fantastic work... Now my daughter wants to know when I am going to make her one.. THANKS A LOT.. [:p][:p]

JimGo

Negatives: I don't care for your pen rest. The background is too dark on the dark pen.

Positives: When I was a kid, I wanted to be a marine bilogist, so I LOVE the design as a general concept. I also really like the shape of the pens - although not a "traditional" cigar from what I've seen, the bulge to the lower barrel really accentuates the "tentacles". Fit and finish look good too. I bet they were fun to make; thanks for sharing them!

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by JimGo
<br /> I also really like the shape of the pens - although not a "traditional" cigar from what I've seen, the bulge to the lower barrel really accentuates the "tentacles".

See I did learn something. I thought they all had bulges. Looking around I see most don't. Thanks! [:D] I knew black on black wasn't the best. You got to admit the hair clip makes me unique [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom