Russian Olive gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikewood

Since Rich is always gloating ;), I thought I would too.

Russian Olive burl caps I cut this weekend

200596154959_RussOlive1.jpg

200596155018_RussOlive2.jpg

200596155039_RussOlive3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

I think most of this one is already sold, BUT there is one more great big burl I still can get. Right now it is in the middle of a water/cow manure lake, but in a month or so, I can walk out to get it.

I'm not really in the mood right now to muck my way out to it[xx(], plus it would be my luck my boots would have a leak.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I'm not really in the mood right now to muck my way out to it[xx(], plus it would be my luck my boots would have a leak.

Not only that, but if it were me... wading through liquid manure would sure raise the price.. [:p]

woodman928

I'll come get it off of your hands and you wont have to worry about it. Being an old Dairy Farmer wading up to my but in Cow (stuff) just makes me home sick and who has time to put on boots they just slow you down and besides thats what garden hoses were made for.[:D][:D][:D]

woodscavenger

Those would make great blocks to create pen/desk set similar to what Mik offered. How long does it take to dry one for use? Do you get much cracking?

ilikewood

Shane,
This wood is horrible for checking and cracking. In fact, the wood I picked up the other day (non-burl) was in the back of my Trooper for one extra day. I am now having trouble finding big enough pieces that aren't cracked to make some pen blanks out of. It just amazes me how fast it will crack if not treated.

I am not sure how long it would take to dry a cubic foot burl. I plan on trying here next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom