Rockler Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings
Here is a Rose Copper Rockler Rollerball similar to a Zen with cocobollo. This is my first Zen and I like how it feels when writing.
I made a cap for the finial because the threads for posting the cap were too sloppy. It has 12 coats of thin CA, MM to 14K and Mequiar's Plastic polish.
Sorry about the poor photos.
Comments appreciated.

Attachments

• cocobollo rollerball1.jpg
    cocobollo rollerball1.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 282
  • cocobollo rollerball2.jpg
    cocobollo rollerball2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Greetings
Here is a Rose Copper Rockler Rollerball similar to a Zen with cocobollo. This is my first Zen and I like how it feels when writing.
I made a cap for the finial because the threads for posting the cap were too sloppy. It has 12 coats of thin CA, MM to 14K and Mequiar's Plastic polish.
Sorry about the poor photos.
Comments appreciated.
That is sweet but the zen is magnetic postable so unsure of the comparison of the two kits other than the single barrel. I like the finial you made.

ctubbs

That is a beautiful combo of timber and kit. Your fit and finish is excellent. I don't what you call it, it is still beautiful. Naturally, I am partial to copper being an electrician. Shocking.hehe
Charles

steeler fan1

Good looking pen. I've made several of those in the past but thought they were closed out. Did you just recently buy that kit? I'd like to get some more, thought I'd have to go with the Zen.

Carl

Mark

I like the closed end. I might try that on my next Zen.

I have one as my daily driver and I don't normally post the cap when I use it anyway. I love it either way. Nicely Done..

Penultimate

Thank you for the nice comments.
hunter-27, this pen made me think of the Zen because the cap is all metal and has a hex on the end.
steeler fan, I bought this probably 6 months ago, my local rockler closed out this and their higher priced pens. Looks like it's either the Zen or Stretch for me.

Mark

I wish someone would carry the Copper Zen. I asked CSUSA and they said not in the near future.

steeler fan1

Thank you for the nice comments.
hunter-27, this pen made me think of the Zen because the cap is all metal and has a hex on the end.
steeler fan, I bought this probably 6 months ago, my local rockler closed out this and their higher priced pens. Looks like it's either the Zen or Stretch for me.

Thanks Mike,

Thats about the time I got mine. Wasn't by any chance the Rockler in Schaumburg? Thats the one I usually shop at, going there Monday to pick up some last minute things.

Carl

Top Bottom