Robinair vacuum pump

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Good Day Bruce,

Great presentation you had at Virginia....I had talked to you after your 1st presentation and we got talking and I told you that I had purchased from the "the other company"......and you told me that with their vacuum pump my air compressor would run for every.........Would you please advise me of a "GOOD" Robiniar vacuum pump,PLEASE.......also, I had purchase this several years ago and wondering if the juice would still be any good......After I get the correct vacuum pump I will purchase what ever else I may need from you......such as gauge, plastic tubing, and 1/4 turn shut off, plus what ever else you may recommend..........Thank you for the load of knowledge you share, and I'm starting to get orders already.........one person wants a stamp pen, and a few other personal blanks......thanks again, terry (aka, gimpy)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Terry,

I remember you well! The vac pump I recommended was a Robinair 15310 for a descent, cost effective pump. If you are looking for the best quality and American made, I recommend a JB Eliminator but they are about 2.5 times the cost of the Robinair.

As for the resin, if it has not bee activated, it will be fine. If it has already been activated, it may or may not work. You can test it by pouring a cheap shot glass full and putting it in your oven at 200° F for 1 hour. If it cures, it is good. If it does not cure or cures like jelly, it is bad. Depending on how much you have, it may be possibly to add more activator and make it like new again.

Hope that helps some!

lorbay

Terry,

I remember you well! The vac pump I recommended was a Robinair 15310 for a descent, cost effective pump. If you are looking for the best quality and American made, I recommend a JB Eliminator but they are about 2.5 times the cost of the Robinair.

As for the resin, if it has not bee activated, it will be fine. If it has already been activated, it may or may not work. You can test it by pouring a cheap shot glass full and putting it in your oven at 200° F for 1 hour. If it cures, it is good. If it does not cure or cures like jelly, it is bad. Depending on how much you have, it may be possibly to add more activator and make it like new again.

Hope that helps some!
And where would one get this activator from. Do you sell it separate. .??
Lin

gimpy

Good Day Bruce,

Great presentation you had at Virginia....I had talked to you after your 1st presentation and we got talking and I told you that I had purchased from the "the other company"......and you told me that with their vacuum pump my air compressor would run for every.........Would you please advise me of a "GOOD" Robiniar vacuum pump,PLEASE.......also, I had purchase this several years ago and wondering if the juice would still be any good......After I get the correct vacuum pump I will purchase what ever else I may need from you......such as gauge, plastic tubing, and 1/4 turn shut off, plus what ever else you may recommend..........Thank you for the load of knowledge you share, and I'm starting to get orders already.........one person wants a stamp pen, and a few other personal blanks......thanks again, terry (aka, gimpy)
Thank you Curtis, I don't know who the hell Bruce is...lol

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
And where would one get this activator from. Do you sell it separate. .??
Lin
I offer activator on a case by case basis. I do not offer it as a purchasable item on my site because if someone adds too much, the resin could go off if you look at it wrong! I require that you do a cure test as mentioned above, then let me know the results of the test including the consistency of the cured resin if it does cure. I also need to know what you have been stabilizing in that resin, how long you have had it, and the quantity you need to rejuvenate. The reason for the last questions is because if you have been doing oily wood, oil from the wood can contaminate the resin to where it will not cure properly and it is a waste of money to add more activator. Also, I only offer activator in 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon quantities so if you have less than 1/2 gallon, I can not help.

Once I know this information and we determine it is a candidate for rejuvenation, I will send for just the cost of postage as a service to my customers.

Top Bottom