Richmond Pen Group

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Sampson

On Thursday it was announced that Jonathon Brooks, Bruce Robbins and Phil Duffy would be demonstrating various methods of turning at the Richmond meeting that evening.

Phil started the meeting with a holiday turning that was a neat item. He is fast and fearless behind the lathe and presented some great methods of turning.

Jonathon provided blanks for each member. They were drilled and prepared for reverse painting for a Wall Street type pen. Bill demo'd the reverse painting process as many of the members had not completed this before. The pens are to be completed by the next meeting and the one voted the "best" will receive a completed hi-line pen completed with one of Jb's special blanks.

Bruce Robbins then gave a session on "Kitless pen turning 101" It was great! No one wanted to leave and the meeting continued ,after the WoodCraft store closed, in the parking lot. Fred (PTownsubbie, and Jason, Jasontg99) would have stayed all night. Bruce brought his award winning kitless pens which are even more stunning in person.

Thanks to all who came and participated.

Message is long, but this meeting cannot be described in two sentences.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

PTownSubbie

Bill,

I thought the meeting was great! It was well worth the trip to learn what I did from Bruce/Phil/and you!

Thanks Bruce for the discussion and tips! They were GREAT!

Fred

Brooks803

I had a great time. Well worth the drive and would like to come back one day soon. I also wanted to give a word of thanks to Bill and his family for giving me a place to stay for the night.

Top Bottom