Recycled Some More .................

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Pen turning Bloodwood and Maple shavings and cast in Polyester Resin using a Sierra tube and the Resin Saver mold.
Turned, sanded to 400 grit, buffed with super fine steel wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.

5plguc.jpg

307u8zn.jpg

Dressed up the wood shavings blank in a Titanium Gold/Platinum Elegant Beauty.

Les

5ca6te.jpg

23jh8v5.jpg

jseqn9.jpg

6gfsle.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Wow, that's insane! Not sure what it is about it but it's really really good looking. I guess because it's actually wood, it reminds me of a super complex burl. You may need to make shavings just to recreate that!

PaulDoug

I don't want to interrupt this thread but, Skye where have you been? I miss you critiques of pens. You were always dead on.

Skye

Hey there Paul, almost didn't recognize you with a different avatar, lol

Eh, I suck. When it gets too hot or too cold to turn, I hop off the bandwagon. Granted, it's probably been a year, so that's not a real valid excuse lol

Skye

Really man it's not that hard. Just go to walmart and buy an icecube tray meant for water bottles. Go to Michael's and buy a small container of 'Castin Craft' resin with a 40% off coupon. For a total of $20 out of pocket, you've got enough to cast a dozen pen blanks, especially if you use shavings for colorant like Les did.

louisbry

Les, that is a beautiful combination you have. I would say you have mastered this recycle thing. The pen is definitely a keeper. Did I say WOW?

Top Bottom