Raleigh, NC - May Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
As a reminder, the Raleigh local chapter meeting is Thursday 5/17/12 @ 6:30pm. The meeting location is the WoodCraft store off Pleasant Valley Road in Raleigh.

Everyone is welcome and it's turn what you brought night. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warreng8170

Hey, I might actually get to make it to this meeting. I have to be in Raleigh on Friday for a meeting anyway, so I am hoping to come up Wed. afternoon and just stay the night. Could you explain the "turn what you brought" process?

Sylvanite

I'm sorry I couldn't make the last chapter meeting and am looking forward to this one. I doubt I'll turn anything there, but I always enjoy meeting up with the other turners. Perhaps I can bring along something else to show - maybe a Pen Wizard?

Regards,
Eric

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Warren,
The "turn what your brought" is where you bring a blank, ie... pen, stopper top, wand, spindle, you kind of get the idea and use the lathes in the classroom area.
Only the lathe is supplied so you may want to bring the needed tools.

Eric,
The pen wizard would be a great demo as well.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Brooks803

Man, sounds like a fun meeting! I haven't been up there for the past several. Wish I could go!

Besides, I need to steal all of Eric's casting stuff...he's getting WAY too good at it! :tongue::wink::biggrin:

warreng8170

Hey Jonathon, I wish you could be there as well. I missed getting to see you when you came up and did your demo a while back. Maybe I need to find an excuse to get down to Columbia sometime. :wink:

Top Bottom