Review PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodgraver

I placed an order for 50 pen boxes from PSI on 1/28/2012 and received them on 2/7/2012, well 49 of them. On 2/8/2012 I called and indicated I had a problem with my order, I was then asked for my name and invoice number. After providing that informatin my mailing address was confirmed and I was told they would get "one" out to me right away. There was no apology at all...

I've often read negative comments about PSI and they generally relate to shipping time. I guess the way I look at customer service this way..."was the customer happy?". To me PSI must look at it this way..."Did we fulfill our obligation?".

I don't like having to count the money to make sure it is all there. There is a stamp on the bottom of the receipt with my product that tells who picked the items and who packed the items...I wasn't asked for that information. I guess I'm left feeling like this is a recurring issue for PSI and that they really don't have any process improvement procedures in place to correct them.

I wonder what the annual added shipping costs are for mistakes of this nature, maybe it is just so small that it doesn't pay to focus on them. And lets face it, the customer is really the only one inconvenienced. As long as they make good on it, most customers will probably continue to shop there...so maybe that is a good business model.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gridlockd

Woodgraver, I thought I was the only one that had been less than impressed with PSI. I'll share my story. I had purchased a 1/2 bowl gouge from Penn State's website in early December. I promptly received the automated response showing the transaction. one week passed, then two, then into the 3rd week I called them wanting to know why i had not received a shipping notification or my gouge. they investigated and said that for some reason the item was pulled but never shipped. I never got a "sorry about that" or an apology of any kind. AND I still didn't get a shipment notification! I did finally receive the gouge though.

I have ordered a few more things from them since, and they have come in, albeit, slowly. I wasn't asking for any compensation or anything, just a simple, "hey, we screwed up, we apologize" would suffice. Customer service is not a completely lost art, but it seems to be long buried under the "efficiency and profit" pile. I will probably eventually buy something else from them, but if i can find it elsewhere, i'll try. JM2C.

~Gridlockd

wood-of-1kind

I spoke to customer service today in regards to the possibility of getting upgraded platings on their Graduate pens. Long story short, did not get a very enthusiastic response. I honestly believe that "they" just don' t care about their customer base. The rep was totally 'indifferent' to what I had to say. Like some others here I've decided that PSI will never deserve my business. YMMV. Sad state of affairs with these PSI folks.
ED (PSI) are you taking any of this in?

MarkHix

I ordered some stuff from them earlier this month. I just checked the tracking for the shipment.....it has been with in 15 minutes of my house for 2 days now. We have ordered quite a bit from them in the past. Probably not much any more.

glycerine

MarkHix said:
I ordered some stuff from them earlier this month. I just checked the tracking for the shipment.....it has been with in 15 minutes of my house for 2 days now. We have ordered quite a bit from them in the past. Probably not much any more.

That's not PSI, that's the shipper...

rjwolfe3

Just had a great experience with them. Ordered a Barracuda chuck and some extra jaws. Used the 10% off and got expedited UPS shipping. I ordered the items on the 14th of February and received them today. I guess I am one of the lucky ones and rarely ever have any problems with PSI.

beck3906

Personally, I understand there may be problems with PSI shipping times and make allowances accordingly. I would benefit from all of you guys taking your business somewhere else as my orders become more efficient. :biggrin:

WWAtty

My experiences with PSI have been mixed. Sometimes they were prompt and the orders were filled correctly. Other times, things were missing--or wrong. In the latter cases, a phone call would get it fixed, though the customer support people I dealt with seemed a bit surly and acted put out over it. I'd give them a "C" grade overall.

Since Woodturningz carries the PSI line (plus lots of other cool stuff), and their people are always a pleasure to work with, I would suggest turning to them (pun intended) if you want PSI products.

nativewooder

A few MONTHS back I placed an order for a Starter Kit (Compson) and some razor kits but the chrome Compsons were not shipped, probably out of stock. So I eventually realized I was not going to get a reply from my email asking about completing the order and spent my minutes calling customer service where I talked with a lady who looked up the records and couldn't understand why the chrome Compsons had not been shipped so she gave me an order number and a couple of weeks later they arrived. I appreciate the effort the lady went to and she apologized for the error. But I will be very wary about ordering anything directly from PSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom