Practice for the PITH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Don't they know I'm the PR guy???? :tongue: What is this wood stuff they keep making us use? I made this the other day just so I can stay in practice. It's an Aero from dyed box elder burl I bought from Keith "Mr. Burls" a couple weeks ago. It came out great and I really like the colors and how they work with the components. CA finish that's MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. As always thanks for looking!

100_3319624x700.jpg
100_3331662x700.jpg
100_3330700x666.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Very nice color combination and nice fit and finish. I think anyone would be happy to receive that pen in the PITH exchange.

Jim Smith

Rounder

You mean 2 people can sign up with the same name? There's 2 Brooks803's? So now we have a caster and a wooder. Looks like both do excellent work.

wizard

Beautiful job Jonathon!! lol...I had to do a double take and actually read the info at the top of your post to realize it wasn't one of your usual awesome PR creations. Thanks for showing. Doc

Buzzzz4

Lol...thanks yall :biggrin: It does look like I cast it...guess I'll have to actually try and make a casting like it and repost to see who can tell the difference :tongue:

Looks great. Was that stabilized?

Thanks Eric, yes it was stabilized

That's what I thought. Close to be being PR without really being PR :wink:. Still beautiful though!

wiset1

That looks crazy sick! I'm looking into the Juicer from Curtis to convert some old spalted maple I just couldn't let go from Germany. I bought some Pearl-ex from Michaels and hope to mix that with some color into the mix. Just have to get around to buying the system...wait...I should do that now. Gotta go....awesome pen Jonathon, ha ha ha!

crabcreekind

Brooks803

That looks crazy sick! I'm looking into the Juicer from Curtis to convert some old spalted maple I just couldn't let go from Germany. I bought some Pearl-ex from Michaels and hope to mix that with some color into the mix. Just have to get around to buying the system...wait...I should do that now. Gotta go....awesome pen Jonathon, ha ha ha!

Let me know when you've got it and I'll send you some fun stuff to try out :biggrin: I've been considering one for myself....just haven't pulled the trigger yet!

Top Bottom