PR Bottle Stopper and Fishing Fly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yort81

yort81

This was my first pour of PR that i have ever done.... Wow!! When it is said that this stuff might have an odor...that would be an understatement! hahaha.... But...I felt like i was in grade school and in Art Class...I had fun!

Seven Drops of MEPK and a ever so small dip of black colorant for the base and 20 minutes later another pour with another 7 drops of MEPK.... and placing the tied fly for the clear...about 8 minutes later..holy smoke...did it ever get HOT!

3 hours later... I tapped hole and mounted on the mandrel and i turned it down and polished it up with the Beall buffer system....

Next i'll work on getting the tiny tiny little bubbles out of the clear....but all in all it turned out very well i thought.

OH..and it's a Ruth Niles Stainless Bottle stopper... she has the best !

Troy

Attachments

• IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 331
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yort81

FireWhatFire.... It was amazingly easy :~) and dare i say fun... especially when i did the buffing...that is when the REAL magic happened... seeing the cloudy looking top portion turn crystal clear... and the fly just POPPED out magnified ...

I felt like a kid... taking it around and showing everyone I know.... "LOOK!! I did this!!" LOL

SDB777

At least I know it can be done....my first try at this was.....well, let's just say it didn't come out.

Very nicely done!!

Scott

yort81

That is awesome. Great work. Fantastic idea...

Ahhhhhh ..... rizaydog... brother of mine...I can not lay claim to the Idea.... that idea i have stolen from a gentleman off of Ruth Niles website... John Calver of london Ontario...Canada... I emailed him and asked him how.... He actually called me a couple of times to talk and walk me through it all ... AT HIS EXPENSE !!!... in this hobby that i have acquired .... i have never met people who have been so selfless with their knowledge and help just to help me succeed. YOU ALL have have my gratitude!

Ruth Niles

Troy, I would like to put this picture on my website. If that's ok with you, please send me an email. This is one of the best resin tops I've seen. : )

Thanks,
Ruth

Top Bottom