Posting Images With Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
For those using Tapatalk...

There are two ways to upload an image with Tapatalk. One is to use the insert image function (the "mountain" icon) and the other is to attach a file (the paperclip icon). I notice that many posts which include images and are made from tapatalk use the insert image function. Not sure if you are aware, but that actually hosts the image on Tapatalk's servers and links to them from here. Is there some advantage to doing it that way that I'm not aware of?

The reason I ask is that I've made a change to a couple picture-heavy forums, SOYP and For Sale, to show a thumbnail of the first image on the thread list for the forum. If you look at those forums (especially SOYP) you'll see that some threads in the thread list have no thumbnail. That's because the mod I made doesn't pick up those externally linked images.

I'd like to encourage people to use attach (upload) rather than link (on Tapatalk's servers) their images. But if there's some downside to doing that from the user perspective, I'd like to know about it.

A secondary benefit is that when images are uploaded to our forum, they'll be here forever. If Tapatalk ever goes belly-up or the images are deleted from their server, all we'll see are broken links.

Thoughts?

MRDucks2

Not sure what I used when I used the tapatalk app. I do know that since I have deleted the app and began using the website on my iPhone exclusively, I would not go back to tapatalk. Attaching images and all is much easier, even on the phone, using the new website.

Top Bottom