Playing around with some scraps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fmunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmunday

This isn't a very good image and my original intent was to just do a normal run-of-the-mill Cigar Pen from Alligator Juniper Burl but The BOSS ;) wanted me to put some Pink Ivory Beading in it as well... The BOSS gets what she wants!! :D

Image Insert:
20048463153_image2.jpg

86.43KB
What we have here is a Black Cigar Pen with the main body of Alligator Juniper Burl and inserted sections of Pink Ivory scrap turned as raised beads. Comments/suggestions/criticisms welcome.

fmunday

Like I said, this isn't a very good shot.[:(] Taking any pictures was a spur of the moment decision and our light was going fast. We did a couple of shots that forced flash as it was. I think there are a couple of shots of this pen that are better than this one but is the only one I got moved from one computer to the other (Windows box to a Linux box). Concerning the length of the pen... Believe it or not, it is the same length as any standard Cigar Pen. This doesn't show up well due, I think, to the way the pen was positioned on the rock and having to do a very severe compression of the image to fit in under 90KB. The original image was about 800KB. We shoot with the highest resolution that we can in case we have to edit. It is easier to remove the drool from great grandpa's beard if you have a high resolution image to start with. [:D] I haven't gotten the hang of using a digital camera yet and I'm prejudiced against them (long story). Everytime I think I have time to sit down and read the book cover to cover, work happens and I have to go. My wife is a little better at it than I am, but not much[;)] Together, we will get it all worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom