pipe makers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

I have a customer that I am making some pens for his wedding party. He is curious about a pipe. I know nada, zero, zilch, nothing about making one. What are some of the price ranges and who is selling them from here?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Pipes is one. I think Anthony (PenWorks) made one or two; not sure whether he's selling them. He's only a short drive from Pipemaker's Emporium.

PenWorks

Tom, you can go to Pipemakers and buy a pre drilled block of briar with the stem attached to it. Then plan on about 9 hours to carve it. I don't make to many as it takes me to long to make them. I only do it for special occassions. Can't make any money at it. The big names in the business can get 500-1,500 for their pipes. Unfortunatly, a Penchetta don't bring that king of money [:D]
Here is a link to a local pipemaker Horace, real nice guy who tought me a few tricks. He lives on the north/ west side, Glendale.

http://www.dejarpipes.com/dejarnettpipes.htm

Probie

I have a couple of Briar blanks( bowls and stems ) that I can pass along to you if you are interested. I've made just a few. I can tell you it is a bit of a science drilling the draft hole the correct angle and depth to get just at the bottom of the bowl. Then there is the tenon fit for the stem [:)]

Let me know if you want them

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom