Pink Ivory Baron for the Children's Hospital Bene

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

OK Johnny, I KNOW I'm getting to this late, but I have some good excuses, I SWEAR! :D

Any way, this is one of three pens I'm submitting. This is a pink ivory Baron. It's the first Pink Ivory I've done; hopefully it will sell well!

05-10-10%20Pink%20Ivory%20Baron%20Open%20Small.jpg

05-10-10 Pink Ivory Baron Closed - Small.jpg

Comments/critiques/etc. are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Very pretty pen! I've done a couple of pink ivory pens- wasn't sure at first I was going to like it, but I'm growing quite fond of it. One thing I like is that it's traditional, being wood, but also colorful. I think a pen like this would be great for someone like a businesswoman who wants something a little non-traditional (the pink) but still traditional, in being wood!

JimGo

Don't tell me that! I had another pen all set to go (literally, shaping the end of a Polaris near one bushing, then I was done), but it exploded on me. I was very disappointed! If the weather holds up and if I can steal some shop time, I may try to get that one to you before the end of the week, but given our forecast and what my bosses have been saying at work, I don't know that I'll have more time before the 15th. Regardless, I'm glad to have the opportunity to donate this and the other pens, and I appreciate all your effort with the auction!

wayneis

Jim thats a beautiful pen. You should find a way to send it ground, NOT air. When I went out to Provo for the symposium I had a Pink Ivory Legero with me that was not cracked when I put in my pen case before I left. I ended up giving it away to one of the hotel maids because after I was there for a couple days I noticed that it had some cracks on both top and bottom barrels. I was so bummed, it was the nicest PI pen that I had made to date. (I haven't made one sence.)

Wayne

Ron Mc

Jim,
I look forward to seeing your pen at the event! I have several pink ivory blanks that I haven't tried yet so I'm anxious to see a completed one.
Nice looking pen.

JimGo

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Jim,
I look forward to seeing your pen at the event!
<br />

Thanks Ron. I'm going back and forth about asking you to let me know if you notice any cracks (by E-mail if you do see any, and here if you don't)! [:D]

John, good luck with your recovery.

BigRob777

Jim,
Man you are doing some awesome work. I like that kit too. I just bought some blackwood, so I will do a pen with it and pink ivory. I have a friend in Canada who does intarsia, who wants to sell my pens. I wish they looked like this though. I'll have to have you over for dinner, so you can show me your technique.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom