Pigskin and Fall!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from creativewriting

I felt inspired by the start of training camps this past week. Pretty soon the cool air will move in and the sound of crashing pads will fill the air. Go Bears!!

Attachments

• football crop.jpg
    football crop.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 610
  • Football full.jpg
    Football full.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
[on a side note...how's the QB situation this year in Chicago? You like what's there?]

I am excited. Jay Cutler is a hometown boy. I grew up in that area of Indiana which makes me partial to Cutler. I wish he has someone to throw to!

Thanks for all the great comments. To me clay is a blast to work with and hopefully I can dispell some of the bad reviews it has gotten in the past.

Russianwolf

Funny thing, I've been researching Polymer clays and PMC for the last couple weeks, about to jump in and see if I can get some of the ideas out of my head and into the real world.

I figured Polymer Clay would be a cheaper way to see if I have the patience instead of blowing a bunch of money on PMC stuff.

PMC is a different story. The shrinkage plays games with you. It is also tricky to hold perfectly round shapes when you fire it due to the softness (.999 pure silver). You would be better off taking a silversmithing class and using sterling (I have thought about it).

If you have any questions about PC let me know.

Rollerbob

Keith, to coin your own phrase....very "Creativewriting" instrument!!:wink: Like what I have seen of your other work, as well!!:cool:

WoodWizard

[on a side note...how's the QB situation this year in Chicago? You like what's there?]

I am excited. Jay Cutler is a hometown boy. I grew up in that area of Indiana which makes me partial to Cutler. I wish he has someone to throw to!
Oh dont worry about that...when they play the Packers...he will have plenty of guys to throw to...lol...GO PACKERS!:biggrin:

That is a great pen!!!

Can you actually get the clay hard enough, yet not too brittle, so that it can be used regularly?

The more I look at it, the better I like it! Excellent texture!

Can you actually get the clay hard enough, yet not too brittle, so that it can be used regularly?
Greg O. polymer is much like plastic after it has cured. It is very durable. I have a pen that I have used everyday since I have started. The plating is starting to show signs of wear, but the clay has held up perfectly. Working in a kitchen the pen has with stood some pretty extreme conditions. That is not saying I would go out and whack it with a hammer numerous times or drag it down the road behind my truck, but it has survived until now.

Thanks,
K

Rmartin

Wow! I would love to know how you do this. I made some segmented pens for football season last year, and sold everyone of them. This takes it to a whole new level.

Do you have any pictures of the process?

Last edited:
Do you have any pictures of the process?
I don't. My hope is to have a website up and running in a few weeks. Then I can start working on some tutorials.
This pen just made it to the big leagues. It was purchased by the Miami Dolphins team physician.

Top Bottom