Photo trend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tipusnr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipusnr

I'm noticing that more and more we are imbedding the photos of our pens directly into our postings. While that makes it really clear what we are talking about...a lot of really neat pens are not making it into the photo galleries.

The problem is that when I look at your galleries some of your best work is missing. I know it's missing because I remember seeing it in a posting. Casual visitors to the site may not know that and may be potential customers you are missing.

Just a thought.[}:)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent point, Tip.

My suggestion is that if you post a pen here in the show-it-off forum, you also upload it into your album. That way, when the posting is archived and disappears from the "live" forum, your photo will still be there for all to see in your album.

tipusnr

Thanks Jeff. I was hoping I wasn't off base with my observation. I've been getting off on too many tangents lately.

I'm going to use this opportunity to use my latest scans to show what I mean.

This photo is inserted because it is of one time use:

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200482313844_Salesman.jpg
<br /> 40.33&nbsp;KB

This is what the pens the salesmen hand out look like when you remove the paint job. Look familiar? I've had this about ten years as I thought it interesting that both brass and aluminum what used and then painted identically. I had to coat the pen as it kept oxydizing on me.

I could insert the other two scans as well - or ask you to visit my photo album to see them (which is what I choose to do).

They are two pairs of pens that I made today that are finished with friction finishes and the Beall buffing system that I finally broke down and bought.

Now I just need to buy a good photo editor so the scans will look more like the pens!

The gold and chestnut pens are for my wife's god-daughter and her mother. The figured maple and walnut pens are for the wedding of my ex-wife's sister. Talk about your basic extended family!

Hope you like them!![:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom