Photo downloads slow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks, any photos that I want to open, i.e. show off your pens, is very slow. Any suggestions? I'm running Windows 7 - thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I presume other photo-heavy sites are loading ok for you?
Once the photos load, do they load faster if you reload the page?
Is this just photos on threads, or the photo album too.

I have not had any issues reported, photos seem to load ok for me, and nothing seems amiss with the server.

One thing to consider is that we no longer have photos size limits, so people upload some pretty large filesize images.

MPVic

I presume other photo-heavy sites are loading ok for you?
Once the photos load, do they load faster if you reload the page?
Is this just photos on threads, or the photo album too.

I have not had any issues reported, photos seem to load ok for me, and nothing seems amiss with the server.

One thing to consider is that we no longer have photos size limits, so people upload some pretty large filesize images.
Other sites work well.
Photo album pics are slow too.
One thing I did discover is that the problem is not as bad on my Windows 10 laptop. I'll just use my laptop for now but thanks, Jeff, for looking into this.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

I can't diagnose what I can't reproduce, and I have to say that things seem snappy to me now.

The internet is a jumbled collection of pipes and wires that are like a house of cards. One little breeze and it falls into a heap. It's quite possible that there is some sort of hitch in the giddy between you and the IAP server farm.

jttheclockman

Jeff I just ran through all the possibilities in the Photo forum including loading my own album and looking at other albums and no problems. Then went to SOYP forum and all loaded fast there too. Saw no problems and as you know I am running an outdated system. So can not help.

Top Bottom