Pens and playing with fillers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

Due to weather issues I was confined to inside the shed :cool:, so I got stuck into some more pens.

I started with what was going to be sets of pen/pencil/tool kits, but I didn't have matching kits, so they will be sold individually. I used 45 degree cut Hairy Oak and some lovely figured birdseye Huon Pine. The kits are the Elegant Beauty Gold Titanium, Gold Sierra pencil, and a Gold Toolset pen. All are finished in Shellawax.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

The next set are made with various Sierras using some nice Jarrah burl off-cuts I have. Rather than just filling the holes/faults with resin, I decided to try some different fillers to see how they turn out. From left to right: Turquoise & malachite black titanium, red & white resin satin silver , copper & brass black titanium, silver (aluminium) in click pen and pencil. All have a CA finish.

attachment.jpg

Today I also bought some Cooktown Ironwood and couldn't resist taking a slice off one end of one of the planks. The result is a cross-cut in a satin silver Sierra finished with Shellawax.

attachment.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• hairly Oak pens.jpg
    hairly Oak pens.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 473
  • Huon pens.jpg
    Huon pens.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 448
  • jarrah burl pens.jpg
    jarrah burl pens.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 458
  • Cooktown ironwood.jpg
    Cooktown ironwood.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 444
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Very nice Neil. I also am a fan of the pine, but the hairy oak is a close second. That is one good looking bunch of pens.

aggromere

Really nice bunch of pens. I am unfamiliar with the gold toolset pen. Where do you get that kit?

Top Bottom