Pennsylvania Wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I am being transplanted from Louisiana to the Lewisburg Pennsylvania area in a couple of months. Naturally, the first order of preparation is to lay in a supply of some common Louisiana woods to take with me :D. Of course, the second order of business is to ask what kind of native woods should I seek out in Pennsylvania. My son sent me some apple wood, and the poly glue is hardening overnight so I can turn it tomorrow.

So, anybody out there who can help a soon to be expatriated Southerner? Right now I look like this [?] since I am behind the [8] on this subject. Who can help and put a :) on my face?

Thank you in advance.

William

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
PA is the home of some of the most beautiful cherry you will ever see... along with maple, walnut and a host of other hardwoods.. I live just 6 miles from the PA border in MD..
From what I see you will be a little north of Harrisburg.. there is a AAW club there and I bet you will find a load of information from the members as well as a load of wood to trade.. You will also find a lot of small sawmills, especially in the Mennonite and Amish areas.. and the prices are usually very reasonable...
I think the only problem you are going to have is getting them to understand that Louisiana twang.. LOL... Heck, I am from NY and they tell me I have an accent.. LOL

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tom,

Thanks for the input. I am already looking forward to finding and using new woods. The idea of seeking out sawmills hadn't occured to me, since most down here are working with pine lumber. I will definitely put your tips to work. BTW, I don't have an accent, everyone else does![:)] Anyway, my wife is from PA and will translate for me.

William

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom